“What a strange experience!”

Karl's Woodfire Pizza N'More
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Nakusp
Cuisines: German, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“What a strange experience!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

After reading positive reviews of this place we decided to stop and give it a try for lunch. We arrived about 11:30 and we're the only customers in the restaurant. We were seated patio by a man who we thought might be Karl, not overly friendly. He came back and gave us drinks and took our orders. When the food arrived it was less than expected. Pizza was kinda weird and "special sandwich" was made with the cheapest meat I have seen sold in my local grocery store. We ate quietly for half an hour or so before we got tired of waiting for "Karl" to come back and check on us. We took our own plates to the dining room where he was standing talking to the only other person in the place, apparently not too busy to come back and check on us, just not interested. I'm surprised he didn't make us go to the kitchen for our own takeout containers but we did have to wrap up our own leftovers. We paid the bill and left.
We may never pass through Nakusp again but if we do you can bet we won't be looking for Karl!

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank krismar2021

Fruitvale BC
“if i could only spell schnitzel?”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

us 2 gals had the best Schnitzel and spetzle ( i'm sure I have that 1 wrong ). Very friendly owner/host, very nice backyard Patio, fast service, food was hot, and the Schnitzel, melted in your mouth, along with the speztle..

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank coopdepoop
Kelowna, Canada
“Authentic fresh cuisine at a decent price”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Excellent, authentic pizzas and friendly service in a spotless restaurant that is bright and airy. Affordable and delicious with indoor and outdoor seating right on the main street of downtown Nakusp.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank TravelChik87
Nakusp, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I Can't Believe I've Been Living Here For...”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I Can't Believe I've Been Living Here For almost a year and I did not know about this treasure. The pizza here is by far the best I've ever had. I had the Greek Pizza w/no Olives. I was intrigued about the cucumbers and was really curious how that would turn out. I guess you'll have to go down there and find out for your self. As I said, the pizza here is by far the best I've ever had. Looking forward to discovering more treasures in Karl's Woodfire Pizza N'More.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank NikolausPavan
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Had an excellent pizza here - ordered mushrooms on it and it came with these huge strips of delicious mushrooms. I noticed after there were posters up in town talking about it being chanterelle mushroom season and I think that was what was on the pizza. Regardless, great food!!

Visited September 2012