“German profile” 4 of 5 bubbles

Karl's Woodfire Pizza N'More
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Nakusp
Cuisines: German, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle, Washington
“German profile”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

It was hot and I am in nakusp every summer for 25 years. Retail comes and goes here. I am happy the pizza place is hanging on..the food is good. Draft beer and salads too. I was unhappy that it is not wood fired as the name implies but it is a good place to eat.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank kayakcon

Calgary, Canada
“Good Eats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

Cold Beer & excellent wood fired Pizza, would eat there again. My pals liked what they had as well ! :)

Visited September 2011
2 Thank HouseofBobber
Calgary, Canada
“Awful.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stopped by here in September and ordered a takeout pizza. Honestly, I had better food at run-down gas stations. $22 bought us a small, paper-thin, sad-excuse for pizza. The "toppings" were spread so thinly you'd think they were rationing them. The "extra" mushroom was literally that: one mushroom flaked over the barely-existent cheese. We stared at this "pizza" for a while, utterly bewildered.

Anyways, it seems you'd be better off walking down the street and spending $7 on a pizza at Overwaitea. It'll come frozen. It will still be better taste and value!

Visited September 2011
3 Thank bp1980
Kelowna, Canada
“Great Food and Service but Strange Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

We visited this restaurant for the first time last month while driving through town and was very impressed with the food! We ordered pizza and beer. The pizza was a great vegetarian recipe with exotic toppings such as artichoke hearts, portabello mushrooms and roasted red peppers. The waitress was very friendly but the owner was really unpleasant (maybe he was having a bad day). While we were finishing up our pizza, i glanced over to the open kitchen (they cook everything in the open), i saw the cook drop a steak on the ground while he was bringing it from the oven to the counter before plating. I thought oh too bad, what a waste! but then a moment later to my surprise i see him plating it and he did not throw it away and cook another one. After this i was totally disgusted but too embarassed to say anything to the waitress. Overall, the food was great but will not go back considering what i saw take place. Too bad.... everything else was excellent.

• Visited February 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank BobbyJ01
Edmonton, Canada
“Class and pride shine through”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

We wandered Nakusp looking for an interesting place to eat and landed upon Karl's after hearing that they did German food too. I've spent a lot of time in Germany and it's not often you get that style of cooking in Canada. We were delighted with the ambience, cleanliness, service, and of course the food. We both had the schntizel. My wife had the home made spatzle (Wunderbar) and I had the potatoes. The salads were fresh and very creative with walnut pieces, dried apricots, sliced fig and apple. I had an excellent house Merlot, my wife had the German beer. They have 3 German beers I've seen in Europe but never in Canada. The folks at the table next to us had the wood fired pizza and they were very pleased. Made me want to order one too so we got one to go and ate it the next day cold for breakfast! Yum.

• 4 of 5 bubbles