Halcyon Hot Springs
The Lodge at Arrow Lakes(Nakusp)(Great Value!)
$73
$71
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
All reviewskingfisher restauranthot poolshot springsarrow lakechange roomsthe cottagesbedroom chaletpools were nicepool noodlesrv parkking fishermain buildingqueen bedfull kitchenaccommodationshotspringsrobes
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This resort is excellent for groups, we rented a cabin, not good for older people alot of walking. The pools are great, my granddaughter had a wonderful time. It's not cheap, the restaurant was good, I had the French toast for breakfast , it's to die for. We only had one night there, it would be more practical to stay two and get better use for what's there. I only problem with our cabin was the refrigerator didn't work, so we could not keep our food and drinks cold. It's pet friendly with have a dog.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
HalcyonHotSprings, General Manager at Halcyon Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Visitors to Halcyon Hot Springs,
Thank you for your review. Our team is glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a great time. We are a wilderness resort and there is a bit of walking invoived depending where you stay at the resort.

We hope to see your family again soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I drove in today from Blind Bay on Shuswap Lake. It was his first time, but my third. We decided to have lunch before heading to the pools. They have a terrific "Lunch and Dip" program which gives you coupons for $15 off each lunch - so each lunch and dip ticket is $22.00 and they apply a discount of $15,00 to each meal (including beers or whatever). He had an organic beef burger with gourmet toppings of which you cannot imagine (and fresh cut fries), and I had a salad of baby red and yellow beets, spinach, arugala, stilton cheese, fresh pear, candied walnuts, etc. - I also chose to add on a piece of grilled Steelhead Salmon. OMG. His was excellent and mine was sublime. My salad appeared on a wooden plank and beautifully presented!!! It was amazing, not only the salad part but the fish was perfect. The best lunch I have had in any restaurant in many locations in Canada and the US. I am an absolute stickler for quality food and this lunch will stand out for me for a long time. Oh, we also both enjoyed a pint of the local ale. Our bill with the discount came to $21 and change.
The hot spring pools are fantastic (and no sulphur smell). Amazing views, clean and an altogether wonderful experience.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Visitors from the Shuswap,
Thank you for taking your time to visit Halcyon Hot Springs on a day trip.
I will pass your great review on to our staff especially the restaurant team.

We do have another review panel on trip advisor which rates us as an attraction. Please have a look at those reviews as well. It is worth the read!

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This resort is well set up with wonderful cold and hot spring pools, great views of Thor and Oden Mountains across the Arrow Lakes and a tasty restaurant. A number of folks were combining this stay with either whitewater rafting at Revelstoke or horseback riding adventures. I would suggest buying the meal package (30% reduction on the first $200) but still expect to spend a healthy chunk on food (Breakfast is around $20 per person including tip) as it is 30 minutes to Nakusp and other food options. The cabins were nice and rustic with only a slight rumble of noise from the highway on the upper benches

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mark W

Dear Visitors to Halcyon Hot Springs,
Thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor. It is wonderful that you had the opportunity to experience some of the outdoor adventures this area has to offer. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were very pleased with the accommodation (one Bedroom Cottage) and the cleanness of the room. The bed was very comfortable, the microwave was just as powerful as a large kitchen type and the refrigerator as large as we required.
The pools were very clean and the whole site was exactly as presented on the web site. We had noted from references on the Internet that the Dining Room was possibly overpriced. We tried it and agreed with that comment plus the quality and service is below what the price would indicate but it did not detract from the beauty and facilities of the site.
We would recommend this site as most likely the best we have stayed for comfort and relaxation.
We WILL return

Room Tip: The cottages have no cooking facilities, but we had a cooler and the microwave worked for us. Overall a great experience.Comfortable quiet and relaxing
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your very nice and detailed review. We appreciate that you took the effort to write this comment on Trip Advisor and are looking forward to your return.

With best regards,

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Went here on the weekend from the advice of a friend. We were looking for a place close to Nakusp, I don't know what happened but it seems that map interpretation isn't my strong suit. Halcyon isn't close to Nakusp its 30 min away, but I digress.
On to the review: The Halcyon is a nice little resort removed from everything. It is made up of chalets and cabins that I think are awesome for families and couples or a group looking for something quiet. The restaurant is good, a little pricey but not outrageous and the service is good. Most of the units have the kitchenette and seem to have BBQs. So if you plan and bring some groceries you can keep food costs down.
The pools are nice, the area could use a splash of paint, but it’s still nice to hang out in the three pools. There is a “splash park” but it’s nothing.
Next time I come here I would like to bring some friends and share a cabin and spend a couple of extra days to be able to enjoy the lake ect.

Room Tip: Maybe try for a top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
HalcyonHotSprings, General Manager at Halcyon Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Guests of Halcyon Hot Springs Village and Spa,
Thank you for your detaied review on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate all suggestions and remarks and always thrive to give the best service possible. We do have a general paint touch up in our project list for later this year.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

Sabine
Halcyon Hot Springs Resort Ltd.