“Great relaxing location”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Nakusp
Vancouver, Canada
“Great relaxing location”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Halcyon Hot Springs. We stayed for 2 nights in Cabin 5. All cabins are in good location with just a short walk to the pools. Cabin 5 was recommended to us by the front desk when I booked it. It turned out to be the one we really like. The cabin is located on a hill, backing into a quiet forest. It has more stairs to walk up, though. Cabin 5 and 6 are on a upper hill while cabin 1,2,3,4 on a lower part. Cabin 1 with good parking access. Cabin 5 is small but very well maintained with very basic amenities. And the bathroom is clean. There is a fridge but no kitchen. The hot springs pools are very nice, much cleaner than the Harrison Hot Springs. the view of Arrow Lake is fantastic. One small disappointment I experienced is I wrote a note on a card that I found in the room and nicely put down that we don't need housekeeping service during our stay but would like to have more fresh towels for the cabin. I gave the card to the front desk and I think they were too busy to take care of my little request of fresh towels. We did not get any response or towels delivered to our cabin.
Other than that, we were happy with this resort and will certainly come back in the near future.
The village of Nakusp is just 20 minute drive away and worth a visit. It has a beautiful waterfront. The lakeside restaurant ( Caffe Largo) has a patio with the best lake view in town and the food was excellent.

Room Tip: Book a chalet if you want kitchen amenities.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HalcyonHotSprings, Guest Relations Manager at Halcyon Hot Springs, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for such a great review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. I'm very sorry we didn't replenish your towels on your stay. I will pass your review onto the rest of the departments as well. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,
Kristin Sokoloski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
alberta
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was our second time to the hot springs... this time we splurged and got the KING chalet. WOW. So great- closest cabin to the lake. Our 8mo slept in her play pen in the HUGE onsuite- so there was lots of room for all. The restaurant is the best food we have eaten in our life! Everymeal. How they make ham and eggs taste so good.... I have NOOOO idea! Took a walk to the special church and found it open- what a treat for a spiritual experience! Can't say enough good things! Did Yoga 2 mornings by the pool- this was the icing on the cake for me- Came home from the trip with a renewed spirit. My husband loved the water so much he brought a case home. Will be back next year!

Room Tip: All great. We were in 11A - I would say that is the best one in the whole place. But comes at a co...
1 Thank familyshf
HalcyonHotSprings, Guest Relations Manager at Halcyon Hot Springs, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you so much for such a great review! We are very pleased you had such a great stay, and got to enjoy all our amenities! We hope to have you again very soon!

Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

We arrived on Sunday August the 5th,we were checked in promptly and the Chalet was ready for us at 11am.
The lady who checked us in was very thorough and pleasant.

The chalet itself was clean,quaint,quiet,and we enjoyed being able to have our dog with us.
Most of our dining was done in our Chalet,we did however try the restraunt one evening and it was good but pricey.

The hot springs are the main attraction and they are fantastic.

The only down side is that house cleaning is between 2and 5pm daily which we felt was an odd time.
The dock by the lake can be very crowded as there is a lot of debris and no beach to speak of.

We will be back.

Stayed August 2012
1 Thank austin48
HalcyonHotSprings, General Manager at Halcyon Hot Springs, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the kind review. We are glad that you enjoyed your time at the springs.
We had very high water levels until last week due to the high snow pack and the wet spring, but the lake has gone down and there are now some nice quiet areas down at the lake to rest and enjoy our natural environment.

We hope to see you again soon. Enjoy the rest of this beautiful summer.

Regards,
Sabine
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The first time I stayed at this property it was too short, this time, I stayed here for 3 nights to enjoy more of this property. I have a pet this time, so my options were limited to what I can rent. I had a Village Queen chalet, free standing building with full kitchen(half fridge, stove/oven/toaster/kettle/pots&pans/utensils. I learnt to always bring with me the bare basic such as salt, pepper, oil as they do not supply it. It had a covered BBQ, which was fantastic to grill steaks etc. This unit was very clean and washroom decent size. No air conditioning, just ceiling fans and windows that open which cools the place down quite nice.

I am a hot springs junkie and this is my favorite for location and price. Rustic and have everything I need. Drink the water here! Pure clean water, one of the best I ever had out of the tap. They sell it in bottles for you to take home(I bought a case of one litres for $35). I ate at the restaurant once, really good burger, as I don't usually eat burgers unless I know they make their own patties. Burger and fries approx $16, and so worth it!! Fries rock and burger so juicy and tasty!!! All the staff were so friendly and attentive.

Hot springs was pretty clean and I like the size and 3 different temps you can try. Really nice trails for hiking and the Nakusp town is approx. 20 mins drive from this place. If you forgot to bring something, I recommend you to get it at Nakusp town centre (grocery store, hardware store, drug store etc.). I find that once you get to Halcyon Hot Springs, you don't want to leave!!!

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, make sure you indicate it on your reservation.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelinTwinkie
HalcyonHotSprings, Public Relations Manager at Halcyon Hot Springs, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind review! I see it's your second one. We appreciate all you feedback, and it's our pleasure having you as our guests. We hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Rented a small Cabin, Pricey but worth it. Nicely furnished and equipped, (robes and all), everything was comfortable and clean.
Cabins require a little walking up stairs and paths etc.... uphill from parking.... but worth every step.
The pools are great and we found the cold plunge very "cool". The views are spectacular and the staff helpful and accomodating.
If you think we liked the resort.... we did.... but we bow to the culinary cuisine we experienced the the kingfisher restaurant.
Thanks for everything, see you again!

Room Tip: some cabins require more walking but the staff will advise, the dining room rocks!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are very happy your enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you again soon!

Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Had a great stay at Halcyon hot springs. Very cheap, great resturant, and excellent spa. We had been hiking for 4 days and this was a great way to finish. We stayed in a cabin and spent all the time in the pool. There is not a lot to do, it is very much meant to relax.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HalcyonHotSprings, Guest Relations Manager at Halcyon Hot Springs, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a nice review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the pools so much. We hope to see you again soon.
Three Hills, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Our family recently spent one night in a beautiful Halcyon's chalet - very well appointed. Everything we needed and more. Would be great for a larger group as it was more space than we needed for 2 adults and 2 little ones. Hot spring facilities were clean and well cared for. For anyone with young kids, the cool pool is a huge plus over just hot pools.

Best part was the water! Not sure what we loved more - the early morning lake-swim or the hot springs that made our girls very sleepy :) We will plan to visit again when in the area. Would highly recommend to families with young children or motorcyclists in need of some relaxation.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a great review. We are glad you you enjoyed you time at Halcyon, and we really hope to see you again soon.
Kristin Sokoloski
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nakusp
Huckleberry Inn
#11 of 42 in Golden
Bear Claw Lodge
Bear Claw Lodge
#1 of 1 in Kispiox

Been to Halcyon Hot Springs? Share your experiences!