“Beautiful setting, great service, average food”

Club House Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lougheed Hwy
Description: West Coast casual fare focused on sourcing quality local ingredients. River's Edge has the best view in the Lower Mainland. Home to Rowena's Inn on the River.
Abbotsford, Canada
“Beautiful setting, great service, average food”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were here with an out of town guest. We did not have a full meal as we were mainly interested in having a drink and taking in the view. Our server a young lady was absolutely amazing. She was very cheerful, efficient and she attended to us very well even although the dining room was very busy.

This restaurant has a beautiful setting overlooking the river and mountains. The inside of the restaurant is very casual and yet it is very cozy. They have a lovely outdoor patio but it was too cool to eat outside.

We ordered the appetizer platter to accompany our drinks, you get to chose 3 appetizers from a list for $14.00 and you can add additional appetizers for $7.00 each. We had popcorn shrimp, chicken nuggets, dry spareribs and french fries (heart attack on a platter). The food was decent, not great but just average. The setting and the service however was amazing.

• Visited April 2013
Summer D, Public Relations Manager at Club House Restaurant, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Your review is sincerely appreciated!

Mission, Canada
“Great spot for a light lunch”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

You can either stop here after a round of golf at the adjoining sandpiper golf course or on your way home from a day of skiing at hemlock mtn. Great views of the mountains,river and golf course. The fish and chips are very good

Visited February 2013
Thank you for the positive comments!
Mission, Canada
“Superb gourmet dining in beautiful rustic surroundings”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This restaurant is located at 'Rowena's on the River' B&B and my wife and I attended for a Valentine's Day dinner. We selected the Chateaubriand which was fabulous and sliced and served at the table by the head chef. Dessert consisted of a chocolate parfait to die for.
We found the service excellent and the atmosphere warm and friendly. We'd have no hesitation about recommending this restaurant. The excursion to the beautiful Harrison Mills area is well worth the drive.

• Visited February 2013
Summer D, Public Relations Manager at Club House Restaurant, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review!
Boston
“Gorgeous setting but otherwise poor”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This restaurant is located in a gorgeous setting, in a golf course on the river. We dined here in September 2012. There were two servers: a man and a woman. The restaurant opens up to a lovely patio, and when we visited, all the glass doors to the patio were wide open. We inquired about mosquitoes. The male server responded, “Non-existent”. But after we were seated, the mosquitoes appeared. We asked if they had anything to distract mosquitoes. They did not. For most of the evening, we were served by the woman server. She was new on her job and she had not studied the menu. She made multiple errors. We waited for over an hour for our meal. When it finally arrived, it wasn’t what we had ordered. But we were hungry and we were not prepared to wait another hour, so we ate. The seafood chowder was not good and it was put aside. The beat salad was good. The calamari had been over-drenched in a thick batter, heavy on cumin. The salmon was overcooked as were the accompanying steamed vegetables. The pasta was OK. Neither of the servers inquired about the untouched chowder, they just took it away.

Visited September 2012
Summer D, Public Relations Manager at Club House Restaurant, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We have made several changes at River's Edge since the fall of 2012. I would like to invite you, plus one more, back to our location-- would love to show you what our customer experience is really about!
Langley, Canada
“Excellent Food - One could not ask for anything more!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and found this place while perusing the Harrison Mills region. We sat down at this quaint little table facing "The River's Edge" (No pun intended) haha.
The first time I ordered the River's Edge burger with an extra patti and cheese. WOW!!!
To my amazement, I bit into the juiciest burgers EVER!
Let me stress that I consider myself to be a burger fanatic, and there burgers are really to die for!

Every time we have family or friends visit, it's the one place we enjoy taking them. If you fortunate enough to reserve the table by the fire, do so! It's well worth it, especially on a cool winter night.

My wife and I took my step son, and my parents in law to celebrate their 47th wedding anniversary. They both ordered the salmon and let me say that I've never seen them so pleased with a dining experience. I consider this to be hands down the best food in the Harrison Hot Springs & Harrison Mills region. Give it a try you won't be disappointed.
What I fail to understand is how such a fine establishment can have any negative comments.

Thank you River's Edge for the great food and excellent memories!

• Visited February 2013
Summer D, Public Relations Manager at Club House Restaurant, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you!