“our eagle-viewing day was perfect!”

Prestige Sportfishing
Book In Advance
More Info
$190.20*
and up
Fraser River Full-Day Fishing Adventure for Salmon or Sturgeon
More attraction details
Owner description: Prestige sportfishing offers fishing for Fraser River sturgeon and salmon out of our fleet of custom jet boats. We also offer jet boat adventures looking at the many scenic wonders of the Fraser Valley, these also include bald eagle viewing.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“our eagle-viewing day was perfect!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I don't fish, but we booked a trip with Mike during eagle-viewing season. We lucked into a weather-perfect day at the end of November 2013. The other couple who was supposed to be on the trip had cancelled, but no problem, said Mike, we'd go out anyway. We had a great tour of the river for a few miles up and back. Mike took care to point out all the eagles (and the good fishing grounds), taking the boat near their favorite hangouts, slowing down or stopping the boat to ensure we didn't worry the birds. The eagles were plentiful -- in the trees, in the skies, and on the gravel flats by the dozens. It was amazing to see so many in one place like that! Mike was able to take us in close to a few spots near the shore to see some eagles up close. And let's not forget the amazing river scenery... wow, being out there isolated from everything and everybody was very special!

Having been captain/crew of coastal boat charters ourselves for years, we know what it takes to give people a good experience on the water. Mike was very friendly and very good at what he does! We could tell he loves his job and his boat and lives for the river and the outdoors.

The only *tiny* critique I'd have is that it took an unusually long time for somebody to reply to any of my email communications. It's probably best to just use the phone to connect with them.

I can't speak to their fishing tours, but I Highly Recommend going out eagle viewing with Prestige Sportfishing!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Freaking Epic”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My company took us out Coho fishing with Mike Duncan at Prestige Sportfishing as a special thank you for our dedication this year. I have fished with a lot of guides around BC before and all I can say is this guy was the most incredible guide I have ever had the pleasure of fishing with. We landed almost 30 coho that day. He knew the spots, was hilarious and a hell of a good time. Cannot wait for our company sturgeon derby with his team in 2014!

Visited October 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great day of eagle watching”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My mom and I had a great day out during the eagle viewing season. Our guide was friendly and knowledgeable, and the boat was clean and relatively warm for a drizzly November day. Plus, of course, we saw plenty of eagles!

Vancouver, Canada
“A day we will never forget !!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We had our trip planned for peak season and due to new babies and broken arms we had to postpone til late November. Mike worked his tail off and used all his local expertise to put us into some fish. There are subtle sneaky spots that these guides know to go when times are tough. Polite and professional, these guys will teach you proper hook set technique for sturgeon (which is critical if you want to convert bites into caught fish). The boats are clean, new and reliable. The gear provided is top of the line quality too. Once the tide was in our favour the bite was on (nothing for the 1st two hours - be patient, they ARE in there!) hooked battled and landed a 6 foot , fat old sturgeon just before the trip was done. Great memories and good times. Darren

Maple Ridge, Canada
“Epic!!!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Went out twice with these guys this season and both times into fish but on the second outing we were well into 20 fish on an 8 hour. Definite go to local boys for guiding!!

Visited September 2013