“It was okay but I'm still to find the perfect cappuccino”
Review of Jogas Espresso

Jogas Espresso
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Organic coffee daily lunch specials as well as soft ice cream smoothies and frresh baking
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We ordered an apple strudel and blueberry scone and two cappuccinos again in the hope of finding a good cappuccino. But alas unfortunately I did not find the cappuccino I was looking for here.

If you don't mind cappuccinos made on non-fat milk then Jogas is good. I still didn't get my smooth velvety espresso with a nice crema with steamed milk topped off with a rich, smooth foam. It seems cappuccinos here are made on skim or no-fat milk.

Unfortunately skim milk or no-fat milk give large, stiff and dry bubbles rather than the smooth, rich foam made from either full fat or low fat milk - I like the first sip of amy cappuccino to be smooth and creamy in the mouth.

So if you are after a traditional cappuccino it seems it is difficult to find. Maybe I shall have to ask for a cappuccino made on part-fat or full-fat milk in future.

For those who like cappuccinos and lattes made on no-fat milk then it's perfect. The apple strudel was quite nice. The blueberry scone was okay. All the bakey goods looked fresh.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stopped for lunch and had the smoked salmon bagel which came with absolutely nothing on the side--no chips, pickle or garnishment. Still, it was fairly tasty. When we ordered and paid I used US currency which is 1.00 for 1.04 Canadian. I didn't ask for or expect an exchange rate but the cashier called out to the owner asking what to do. He sounded irritated when he responded, "I don't deal with the exchange rate." I bet he would if the US dollar was worth less. At any rate, it didn't seem like a very friendly place and the food was just okay.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

The goodies were stale, the coffee pretty good, service staff were basically uninterested.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Looking for a good stop and a quick bite - this is a good one, fresh made baked goods, soups, etc...

1  Thank cascade411
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Mocha was perfect -- not too sweet. Great spot, cozy and with wifi.

1  Thank sltandppr