“Not the same”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Campbell River, Canada
“Not the same”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stopped at the Borscht Bowl on our way through Grand Forks, looking for a bowl of the Borscht that my husband looks forward to all through our trip. Unfortunately, we discovered the Grand Forks Hotel has burned down, and the Borscht Bowl advertised serving the famous borscht. While it was tasty, it wasn't the same. It was only lukewarm, and wasn't even served with sour cream. It was rather pricey for what you received. We both had the large size, which was just a normal bowl of soup. I don't think we will go out of our way to stop again. I have the "Grand Forks Hotel" recipe, which is delicious, but a lot of work, so will make it myself.

• Visited September 2013

Grand Forks, Canada
“Great place to meet friends for lunch!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Definitely the best place to get genuine Doukhobor Borscht... homey comfortable atmosphere... good simple foods... be sure to try all the Doukhbor foods such as Pedahi and pyroshky... historical building... used to be a bank

• Visited November 2012
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Loved our lunch here, the borscht was delicious!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed the summer special with Borscht. Everything was excellent including the bread, my husband also had the blueberry pyroshky which he really enjoyed. Everything was made fresh, you could hear the veggies being chopped!

Visited August 2013
Kearney, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I never knew Borscht was so good”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stopped here on a trip and had to do laundry, looked around for something local and found this place. Unfortunately it was closed so I looped around town some more. I passed this place from the other way and lucky me it was now open. I really enjoyed the Borscht and wanted to take some frozen but home was over 1,000 miles away. If I'm in the area, I will most definitely go here again, and the people are friendly and unpretentious here.

• Visited July 2013
Grand Forks
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

After eating Russian food all my life and years of eating here I have concluded they should change there name from "Borscht Bowl" to "Pedahi Plate" The borscht although very good is no mach for the phenomenal pedahi!

• Visited June 2013