“NEVER AGAIN” 1 of 5 bubbles

Happy Days 50's Diner
Ranked #17 of 45 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“NEVER AGAIN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I took my youngest daughter there or breakfast. I ordered medium eggs. They cam to me over easy. I politly ask the (flunky) cook to make me new eggs. He made me eggs and they were over easy, I told them I wanted medium. The cook and waitress argued with me and try to tell me they were medium. I try to explain that a medium egg is at the point before sodifying. They yelled at me in front of my daughter threaten to call the cops if I wouldn't pay. I payed them, and left and will never go in again. The only reason I went there in the first place is because Stoys was closed because of a family emergency. POOR FOOD POOR SERVICE RUDE PEOPLE. I am a family of 6 and we will ever eat there! The customer is allways right! get it together people! Thats not how you run a restaurant business!

• Visited October 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Hot Dog EVER!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went into Happy Days Diner looking for a hotdog after being served an abomination of a meal somewhere else that shall remain unnamed. The staff were fantastic and made us a "made to order" hot dog on whole grain bun with all the trimmings and then some.
This diner has a 1950's theme and if you love Elvis, Marilyn and all things 50's then stop in here. The servers wear poodle skirts and music from the era is played at a nice volume. Not intrusive, but loud enough to tap your toe to. Leanna (the owner) has worked very hard to provide Grand Forks with a unique diner that is pleasing for all ages. Prices are good and you can order to go if you don't have time to sit and dine.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 938BarbaraB
“Horrible atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

The atmosphere was horrible. The kitchen staff were constantly swearing and saying rude things when my children were right there. You could hear the owner talking down to her staff as though she thought they were mentally handicapped. The food may have been good but it was certainly not a place to eat for families as all the commotion in the kitchen resembled a bar. The server was doing all she could to keep up with a full dining area but you could hear the owner being rude to her in the open kitchen. The food was also overpriced for what you got. For just a sandwich with no side it was nearly $10.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Breakfast down Memory Lane!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Happy Days theme was a bit weak. But the food and staff got us off to a happy day! As happens in food service. A half empty cafe went to full-bore full in five minutes. The cook saw the deluge and came out and took our order. A nice woman in a poodle skirt delivered our yummy breakfasts! The home-made toast especially pleased both of us. Our server was our waitress and we enjoyed a wonderful cultural exchange. What a good will ambassador for Grand Forks! Our first meal in Canada was such a delight!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ChinaLake1
Grand Forks, Canada
“Pleasant service and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Take a trip back to the 1950s with Happy Days. The staff even wear poodle skirts and great nostalgic music plays in the background.

• Visited May 2013