“A Nights Stay in Grand Forks”

Western Traveller Motel
Western Traveller Motel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Grand Forks
Nanaimo
“A Nights Stay in Grand Forks”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a night at this establishment in a quiet, super clean room on the second floor. Inernet connection was good and it was just a short walk across the parking lot to breakfast. Theprice of accommodation was reasonable and would certainly go back to this hotel on our way home from Calgary.

Room Tip: Second floor worked well for us.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank paddle62

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We just experienced a two night stay at this hotel, what a great clean place. Apon arrival the owner was friendly, courteous, and promt with our check in. When we walked into the room it was clean, fresh smelling and needing nothing. My thanks to the chambermaids for doing a stellar job. It was quiet, great location and my boyfriend and I will recommend this place to anyone wishing to stay in Grand Forks. Thank you very much and if we are ever going through there again we wont hesitate to stay at this motel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jill F
Creston, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My Wife and I showed up early ,we ask if we could please get our room early? As I have a lot of trouble with pain, as I walk with canes and need rest. The staff were very nice and said yes ,they let us have our room an hour early.The room was nice and clean , and a good bed ., lots of t.v. channels to watch. We got a very good rest ,as it was nice and quiet here! Had a very nice stay here!, would tell everyone to stay here for sure!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at north are quieter ,but I think they are all pretty quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Allen y
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This motel is a great place to stay. This place was clean, location is just right off the highway, secure (RCMP is just cross the street) and bed was very comfortable. And price was affordable...Staff was friendly. I really recommend to stay here. If I travel this area, I would like to stay this motel again. It was awesome!!! Thanks....

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor are quiter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank kristina p
Langley
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The title is a little harsh, but it's exactly how I feel.

My family and I were in town for almost a week so I reserved a 2 queen kitchen unit. When I checked in was told there were no kitchen units left, was given a small 2 queen room for a family of 4.

Contrary to what the website says, there is no microwave in the room and there are none available upon request. Picture a family of four having to live out of a bar fridge for a week.

That is only the start.

The TV in the room is circa 1990, although it does have a cable box hooked up to it.

We have 2 outlets in the room, one of which already has the tv, lamp, fridge and cable box plugged into it. If you have other devices that need to be plugged in/charged bring a power bar.

The shower is easily the worst I have ever experienced. A ten minute shower consists of 2 minutes of showering and 8 minutes of waiting for the temperature to fluctuate between scalding hot, luke warm and freezing cold. No chance I let my 9 year old have a shower, she'd get scalded. Oh, and 2 towels in a room with two queen beds, awesome.

The wireless Internet is ok, at 6 in the morning. Any other time it may or may not work, depending on if anyone else in the hotel is trying to use it.

Cleanliness is not nearly as good as other reviews state. There were potatoes chips under the edge of the bed when we checked in, obviously hadn't been vacuumed. Bed linens were clean and crisp, quilt is standard reusable polyester crap. Ice tray in bar fridge probably hadn't ever been cleaned, was disgusting.

Heat is standard baseboard heat. I have the thermostat set for roughly 15 and the temp in the room fluctuates between average room temp and boiling hot. Heater seemed to be on constantly.

Trip advisor reviews are usually pretty good, but in this case I've found they really missed the mark.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Keith H
westtravmotel, Owner at Western Traveller Motel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear guest,

We apologize any inconvenience while the guest stay at our motel.
However there were some of reviews are incorrect.

The room is booked January 16.2013 with standard two queen bed not with kitchen
and reconfirmed three days before the check in date Mar.13.2013.

A TV in that room is Toshiba 27" flat screen in 2003, not circa 1990.

There are 4 double outlet in the room which is good for normal usage.

For the fridge, most of rooms are equipped with 3.4cu-ft size and this size is pretty normal
in every motel.

We have checked the thermostat for the heat control and it is not defective.

We will expedite to maintain more cleanliness.

As the guest come along with Pee-Wee Provincial Hockey Tournaments,
over 20 rooms using a bath simultaneously, especially early in the morning,water pressure
was not stable since the guest room is located close to the end of the building.
We hope understand the unusal situation.

The bath towels we supply two only but please ask to us need more.
then we will happily give to guest as the other guests does.

It was high demand for microwave during the tournament therefore, we were not able to
supply it in the guest room.
We will place an order to furnish more microwave in spring.

And we will do our best,hope all the guest enjoy the staying at western traveller motel.
Corona, California
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is great place to stay. It is conveniently located to some good restaurants and is my place to stay when I am in the area for business. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. Having a room with a kitchen is convenient at times when working late. The rates are pretty fair for the amenities. This is definitely a place I would recommend to stay at Grand Forks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Elmer T
warfield, b. c. Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2012

the western traveller motel has been and still is a convenient and clean place for me when I work out of town, I'am usually there for a week and sometimes ten days at a time, working in the area. I get a full kitchen room, and do my own cooking while I'm there. I've stayed there 3 to 4 times a year, and sometimes during christmas day or thanksgiving day with my family and even our dog. I've always had great service, clean room, fresh clean sheets, every day, to me just like I'am at home. I would recommend this motel, to anyone. Larry R. Jamieson 602 schofield hwy. warfield B. C. v1r-2g8 lgsjamson@shaw.ca

Room Tip: get one of the rooms with full kitchen, if you plan on staying in the area, for awhile, great for fa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business