“One of The Best Places to Stay At Grand Forks!”

Western Traveller Motel
Western Traveller Motel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Grand Forks
Surrey, Canada
“One of The Best Places to Stay At Grand Forks!”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Our family decided to stay at the Western Traveller Motel during a weekend trip.
I’ll just say I was glad that I did.
Upon check in, service was quick and painless; very much appreciated after the very long drive there. Our family dog, Dante, was also allowed to stay with us in our suite in one of the pet friendly rooms. I was grateful that our family pet could stay with us, and the owner was very kind and understanding in accommodating ALL of us, 2 legged and the 4 legged alike. ^^
We chose a non-smoking room and as expected, the room did not smell of smoke. ^^ It was very, very clean even if the decor was a bit dated. This would be one of the most important qualities of the place I’m staying at, CLEANLINESS. Impressive that the suite was so clean, and yet our dog was allowed with us too! I haven’t been in many pet friendly suites but I imagine most of them aren’t as clean as the non pet rooms and can smell like dog.:/ This place was odorless!
I was pretty tired, so after a late dinner out, I spent the night in bed enjoying the free wireless internet. Free wireless is a must at any modern motel, in my opinion! The connection didn’t drop off at all and I could chill streaming movies without a problem.
Water pressure was good and strong, and my hot shower very enjoyable before turning in, for a night of relaxing zzzs. I think the motel became busier in the evening but I didn’t notice a lot of noise or ruckus that disturbed me during my down time.
The bed was comfortable, not lumpy or too soft. The sheets were also clean and I had no problem sleeping straight through the entire night. By morning I was freshly rested and energized to enjoy a new day!
I’d recommend the Western Traveller to anyone who comes to Grand Forks. I chose the place due to great curb appeal but I’m much more impressed by how nice the overall experience was. I can’t think of a single negative experience.

I’ll definitely be returning to the Western Traveller the next time I’m in town! With my puppy too! :D

P.S. I’d ignore the negative review down there… sounds like he was being a difficult guest, especially while doing something illegal. -_-

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Delta, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Hi
The kitchen was tiny and had the frig in it - but unlocking it for the extra $10 was well worth it to have a sink, dishes, hot plates, etc.
The room was comfortable, very clean, and the staff friendly.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10 to have stove top, dishes, frig, and sink (unlocked in the back of the room).
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I had a contract towards Trail BC and decided to rest at this motel for the night. The overall rating of this Motel was perfect 10 out of 10, I have never written any reviews about anywhere that my family or I have stayed before (believe me we are all over the world), but if you need a place to stay for a night or two in the Grand Forks area, this would be your place. The staff here were very accomodating and helpful. I got hungry later in the night and found out that all the restuarants close early, but the owner of this motel offered me to join their family for a late night snack! I mean I was not expecting 5 star qualitly service, but I was lucky enough to stay at this motel and received the 5 star service! My room was very clean and warm (it was still a little chilly out) and the mountanious views just topped it off. I must say that this motel is one of the best and cleanest, and I will definately be back again, next time with the whole family.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank waheedzao4
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My husband and I went on a little road trip through princeton, ossoyos and so on, we got tired around 6pm and we decided to stay at the Western Traveller Motel (after stopping at other motels around this one was by far the most biggest cleanest in the neighbourhood). When we went into the office to check-in, the owner? manager? greeted us and gave us a room on the second floor. We went into the room and all the accomodations were there for use (wireless internet, coffee maker with all the neccessities, lcd flat screen tv with cable, we hooked up our laptop and watched a few movies! and so on...) We decided to walk out to grab a bite and saw there were a few restaurants right around the corner (as we did not want to drive anymore) there was a chinese buffet, a bar that serves great food, a russian restaurant and more. We had dinner at the pub and started walking back to the motel, the scenery around the place is just BEAUTIFUL, and when I mean beautiful I mean beautiful flowers all over, many trees, MOUNTAIN VIEWS (it reminded both of us of scenes in the movie "Sound of Music"), not to forget all the wildlife animals that will NOT run away from you! truly amazing! we were sitting under the tree in the motel and a family of deers just walk right into the motel! It was a truly amazing experience because they were just so close to us and were not afraid! We asked the motel workers and they told us that the family of deer are there every night around the same time! Nice photos with our camera were great! The rooms were very very clean, not even a single hair, bathroom had nice and hot water running, there were many people by 9~10pm that came into stay but it was a very peaceful, quiet experience. I recommend this motel to anybody and anyone that needs a good rest or needs a nice place to take pictures with the scenery!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gracie8585
B.C.
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We have stayed at the Western Traveller once or twice a year for the past 5 years and have always had a very clean and comfortable room. We stay in the non-smoking, non-pet rooms on the second floor. The rooms we stay in all have a long counter with a sink at one end. This is convenient for storing our belongings. It also means the toilet and bathtub are in a separate room from the sink, which is convenient. All the beds we have slept on are very comfortable. We also appreciate the quietness of the location. The only negative we experienced was the very thin carpeting. The rooms are reasonably priced with our BCAA card.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank contemplativecouple
Smithers, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2010

When booking the room it was seemed like it was a big deal and the clerk had to shuffle people to get us a room. When we arrived there was no one else there!! Big flags should have been raised. The room was clean enough but very old, the cupboards were dingy and the dishes very mismatched with only 3 cereal bowls. The walls were very thin and you could hear absolutely everything that the people next door were saying and doing. We were only able to take 1 shower each as the water could not be regulated. The water would come out so hot that it left a first degree burn on my leg and then be so cold that you had to jump out of the way. Absolutely dangerous if you have children that shower. My mother for got a religious book on the bedside table and when I called to inquire if the had found it I was told that it was thrown out. I was not important and was just published religious books that could be repurchased and again I was told they were not important. I was unable to speak that manager just kept telling me they only kept valuable things and this was not important. I must have asked 25 times if I could speak. He finally hung up on me with out letting me speak. When I phoned back he rambled on and then before I could say anything he hung up again. Truly that absolute worst service I have ever experienced!!!

• Stayed August 2010
4 Thank GJML
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Nice clean place, helpful stuff, not expensive. Good place to spend a night and continue your trip. Though too boring to stay there longer.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family