“Clean, comfortable”

Western Traveller Motel
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Hi
The kitchen was tiny and had the frig in it - but unlocking it for the extra $10 was well worth it to have a sink, dishes, hot plates, etc.
The room was comfortable, very clean, and the staff friendly.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10 to have stove top, dishes, frig, and sink (unlocked in the back of the room).
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 30, 2011

I had a contract towards Trail BC and decided to rest at this motel for the night. The overall rating of this Motel was perfect 10 out of 10, I have never written any reviews about anywhere that my family or I have stayed before (believe me we are all over the world), but if you need a place to stay for a night or two in the Grand Forks area, this would be your place. The staff here were very accomodating and helpful. I got hungry later in the night and found out that all the restuarants close early, but the owner of this motel offered me to join their family for a late night snack! I mean I was not expecting 5 star qualitly service, but I was lucky enough to stay at this motel and received the 5 star service! My room was very clean and warm (it was still a little chilly out) and the mountanious views just topped it off. I must say that this motel is one of the best and cleanest, and I will definately be back again, next time with the whole family.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank waheedzao4
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My husband and I went on a little road trip through princeton, ossoyos and so on, we got tired around 6pm and we decided to stay at the Western Traveller Motel (after stopping at other motels around this one was by far the most biggest cleanest in the neighbourhood). When we went into the office to check-in, the owner? manager? greeted us and gave us a room on the second floor. We went into the room and all the accomodations were there for use (wireless internet, coffee maker with all the neccessities, lcd flat screen tv with cable, we hooked up our laptop and watched a few movies! and so on...) We decided to walk out to grab a bite and saw there were a few restaurants right around the corner (as we did not want to drive anymore) there was a chinese buffet, a bar that serves great food, a russian restaurant and more. We had dinner at the pub and started walking back to the motel, the scenery around the place is just BEAUTIFUL, and when I mean beautiful I mean beautiful flowers all over, many trees, MOUNTAIN VIEWS (it reminded both of us of scenes in the movie "Sound of Music"), not to forget all the wildlife animals that will NOT run away from you! truly amazing! we were sitting under the tree in the motel and a family of deers just walk right into the motel! It was a truly amazing experience because they were just so close to us and were not afraid! We asked the motel workers and they told us that the family of deer are there every night around the same time! Nice photos with our camera were great! The rooms were very very clean, not even a single hair, bathroom had nice and hot water running, there were many people by 9~10pm that came into stay but it was a very peaceful, quiet experience. I recommend this motel to anybody and anyone that needs a good rest or needs a nice place to take pictures with the scenery!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gracie8585
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We have stayed at the Western Traveller once or twice a year for the past 5 years and have always had a very clean and comfortable room. We stay in the non-smoking, non-pet rooms on the second floor. The rooms we stay in all have a long counter with a sink at one end. This is convenient for storing our belongings. It also means the toilet and bathtub are in a separate room from the sink, which is convenient. All the beds we have slept on are very comfortable. We also appreciate the quietness of the location. The only negative we experienced was the very thin carpeting. The rooms are reasonably priced with our BCAA card.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank contemplativecouple
Reviewed September 9, 2010

When booking the room it was seemed like it was a big deal and the clerk had to shuffle people to get us a room. When we arrived there was no one else there!! Big flags should have been raised. The room was clean enough but very old, the cupboards were dingy and the dishes very mismatched with only 3 cereal bowls. The walls were very thin and you could hear absolutely everything that the people next door were saying and doing. We were only able to take 1 shower each as the water could not be regulated. The water would come out so hot that it left a first degree burn on my leg and then be so cold that you had to jump out of the way. Absolutely dangerous if you have children that shower. My mother for got a religious book on the bedside table and when I called to inquire if the had found it I was told that it was thrown out. I was not important and was just published religious books that could be repurchased and again I was told they were not important. I was unable to speak that manager just kept telling me they only kept valuable things and this was not important. I must have asked 25 times if I could speak. He finally hung up on me with out letting me speak. When I phoned back he rambled on and then before I could say anything he hung up again. Truly that absolute worst service I have ever experienced!!!

• Stayed: August 2010
4  Thank GJML
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Nice clean place, helpful stuff, not expensive. Good place to spend a night and continue your trip. Though too boring to stay there longer.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2010

, i was in town for friends wedding with my daughter and decided to stay at this place , room looked ok at first , , after about 5 minutes i started to notice things like the hair all over the bathroom , stained towels , the food growing in the fridge , 10 hours after i checked out of room i get a phone call from hotel saying there charging me $100 bucks because i smoked pot in my room which was crap as i dont smoke it . so i would suggest staying away from this place before he has a chance to rip you off too

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank steve020767
westtravmotel, Manager at Western Traveller Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2010

As with most complaints, they are taken quite seriously by our staff. We try to accomadate the customer to satisfaction. However in this situation it was quite impossible to do as he has fabriciated the room condition.. The 100.00 the gentleman is speaking of is part of the deposit the owner held due to not being able to rent the jacuzzi suite out for one night. We had to properly have this room aired as it is a non smoking very high end room.

The lack in communication was due to trying to reach the gentleman on his cell phone. It was proving quite impossible due to the travelling along hwy 3 and the time it took him to get from Grand Forks to the Coast.. We had quite extensive restoration due to the gentlemans smoking habit and canabis use. We had asked him to please smoke away from the door, and he accepted this at the time and we thought all issues were resolved however the smoke in the room and by his review apparently it was not.
In all fairness we had a blank credit cardslip and we could have charged for the whole cost of the room, and the cost of the restoration, but we didnt.