“Good choice for Grand Forks”

Ramada Limited Grand Forks
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Grand Forks
Vancouver, Canada
“Good choice for Grand Forks”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

For a small town, this is a perfectly good motel for an overnighter or two.

Received friendly service upon check in and when we called the front desk later to ask for another set of towels, the clerk promptly brought another set to us personally.

Room was clean and included a flat screen tv, full-length mirror, and fridge. The ventilation system was a little noisy and unpredictable, but at least it did keep the room cool. Bathroom was decent.

Complimentary breakfast served in the lobby was a nice touch and just enough to start the day. They offered yogurt, bananas and apples, cold cereals, breads, muffins, juice, milk, coffee and tea, and even had those International Delight coffee creamers to use. Staff worked hard to keep area cleaned and items replenished. In fact, there were staff visibly working hard throughout the property.

One minor point is the motel is located on the edge of town and not within walking distance of anything much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel was adequate for a one night stay. We are members of the Wyndham Rewards program but were not credited with points for the stay. The reason given when we inquired about a month later was that we were given a "corporate rate" and were not entitled to the points. We do not have a corporate code and could not have booked such a rate. The rate we did book was the "Best Available" rate. I guess you could say that staying here was "pointless". We won't bother to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Grand Forks hotels

Chemainus, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We arrived quite weary after another leg of our B.C. interior road trip. The young man at the desk seemed not at all interested in responding to my requests re: food places but did tell us of one place and didn't really say yes or no to the one attached to the hotel... but gave us our room keys. I returned a short time later horrified that there was a bug (which I photographed) in my bed. I said I wanted him to get housekeeping to change FULLY both the beds and to have them check for any other bugs. He said OK..we left came back an hour later and the beds were changed. We ate at the attached cafe..OMG...tempura veggies were heavy greasy dark brown battered veggies. So greasy and so heavy batter (not tempura) that I could not eat it...with a marinera sauce that tasted like catsup..we went to sleep early and left at 6 am the following morning. NO APOLOGY..NO DISCOUNT ..just a very sweet young night clerk who gave us fresh coffee..away we went..NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed at this humble yet very comfortable motel on May 23, 2013 and was surprised how comfortable my room and especially the wonderful bed and mattress. The staff were most hospitable and attentive. I travel a lot and this is my second RT driving the Ak hwy from Ak to lower 48 and I offer that this little place was as good as it gets and for a most reasonable rate. I plan to out other Ramada Inns when traveling these roads in the future.
Larry

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Larry R
RamadaGrandForks, General Manager at Ramada Limited Grand Forks, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor Review with such positive feedback. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Ainsworth Hot Springs, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

You know Folks you always think its best to stay at a reputable hotel motel chain, but when the management cannot even pick up the phone after you report something such as an infectious skin condition from there facilities.... I don't know!!!! Will definitely find somewhere else to stay on my repetitive business trips through the area now... Pretty sad state when there is so little disregard for someone's well being

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Michele P
RamadaGrandForks, General Manager at Ramada Limited Grand Forks, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Our staff and I do our best to reply to all our guest asap but due to mis-management we did not follow up with guest message. When I notice by Customer care from Ramada I've reply to the guest right away and gave my sincere apology.
I've also explain that all our cleaning products are Eco Friendly other then product that goes into laundry machine.
In rare event some guests do have allergy reaction from the clean sheets or by something else while travelling.
With our sincere apology, guest are planning travelling through Grand Forks and plannig on accomodate in our facility again.

David Ra
General Manager,
Tumbler Ridge, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great value. Room was immaculate with modern amenities.Microwave not in rooms, would be nice to be able to heat snacks such as popcorn in the evening. Staff very helpful, friendly. Breakfast room clean, variety of breakfast cereals, fruit, breads, muffins, orange or apple juice. Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank B K
West Coast, CAnada
Reviewed November 10, 2012

For the price the room was a good deal.

Our big problem was that the heat was not on in the room when we arrived. We turned the heat on full and went for out for dinner and it had warmed up enough but with dropping temperatures outside we needed to leave it on. Watching the television with the heat on did not work as the heater is too noisy. The bathroom tile floor never did warm up which is no fun in the middle of the night.

We asked for a quiet room and were put beside the stairs so we heard guests coming and going. Guess special requests don't mean anything as the motel was not very full.

The room was clean, had a mini fridge, nice tv and the bed was comfortable. Front desk staff were indifferent both checking in and out but they were polite. The complimentary breakfast was appreciated.

So ask to not be by the stairs and ask to have the heat turned on before you arrive and you should be fine. Well if they listen.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple