“Wow Amazing”

Tyax Lodge & Heliskiing
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gold Bridge
“Wow Amazing”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I just returned from a 3 night stay at Tyax and i have never felt more welcome than this time. The new manager Patrick is very accommodating and has made this place feel like home.
From the moment we arrived we were welcomed by a gentleman at the front desk that was very informative and made several suggestions on how to fill our days.
Dinner was amazing, yes the menu is not 4 pages long but they offer a good variety and the prices are reasonable. I ate the burger, $17 and it was the best burger I ever ate. My wife is still talking about the halibut she had.
We have stayed here in the past and the setting is amazing, with the changes and the staff that work there right now it feels warm like never before.

Room Tip: Lake view walkout are the best!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I have been coming to Tyax for 5 years with my wife and 2 children. The General Manager felt it was acceptable for him to discipline my children, he was rude and intimidating to my wife. We will not return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
9 Thank williamb217
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Awesome combination of adventure and relaxation. Very comfortable, spacious and beautiful hotel rooms. A suggestion for improvement would be to add a mini fridge in the room. I think there were three floors of hotel rooms, but no elevator, so bear this in mind if carrying bags up stairs is an issue. Delicious food in the restaurant and an amazing dinning room setting with a fab patio. We did a bike camp while we were there with Tyax Adventures, so was gone for two nights in between my first and last nights at the Lodge. Upon my return I found my car to have a flat tyre (presumably a slow leak from damage caused on the drive up). Patrick, the lodge manager went above and beyond to help me fix this to get us home safely, so thank you VERY much. Also had a massage at the Spa which was excellent. Chose to drive up from Whistler via the Hurley route, which if you take your time (I could have been nicer to my car!) and expect narrow gravel logging roads, then you will be fine. Because of my tyre we went home the longer way round via Lillooet. It adds an hour to the journey but it absolutely beautiful and the roads are well maintained. I am very much looking forward to coming back. It is such a beautiful place, the biking is phenomenal and the staff are great :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Lea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This resort really lives up to it's name as a Wilderness Resort, it is in the middle of nowhere. There is only one road to the resort, if you can call it a road, you travel for a couple of miles on tarmac then it reverts to gravel then back to tarmac and back to gravel. I picked up a chipped windscreen from a passing truck. I didn't measure the miles but I would estimate it was was about 50 miles which took over 2 hours. The only good thing about the journey was the scenery which was exceptional. Unless you are into horse riding, bike riding or walking trails there is nothing to do at this resort as you cannot drive anywhere. The man behind the front desk was very pleasant and tried to be helpful but the staff who served our dinner and breakfast were the complete opposite, When I complained my fish wasn't cooked they told me it was and reluctantly
took it back to the kitchen. At breakfast I said I did not want the hash browns and could I have a sausage instead, the reply was this would be an extra $3. I came to the conclusion all they wanted was your money with no customer service. We stayed 2 nights at this resort but given the time it took to get there and to leave we wasted 3 days of our holiday.

Jim M

Room Tip: Our room had a balcony and overlooked the lake, room at the back do not have a view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank James M
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We spent three nights at Tyax - service was mediocre but the front desk staff - the man behind the front desk was horrible. If his intention is to discourage you from returning then he does a really good job. We travelled with another couple that found his service deplorable. Three nights, dinners and a few massages were clearly not welcomed to a place that at best was 1/3 full. We checked out - but the front desk was unwilling to provide a key to go to the spa - they wouldn't give us one.

We will not return. Best of luck to them

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Byron S
TLH_Heli, General Manager at Tyax Lodge & Heliskiing, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Byron S,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that you did not have the experience you were expecting. I am also very sorry that during all the conversations you and I had over your stay you did not mention anything about this.

I don’t feel it would be appropriate to go into details but, would rather have a personal conversation. I would like to invite you to call me to discuss or email me a contact phone number that I can call you at.

I do however want to point one thing out: our front desk agents and all other resort staff were making sure that some of the resorts policies are followed:

Pets on the leash at all times. Your dog was off leash several times and even walked onto our licensed deck, something that is against health regulations.

Check-out time is at 11 am like most other hotels and if we get a request for a late check-out we are mostly able to accommodate that, when we approached you at 1.30 pm about your departure you did not request a late check out.

These are common policies within the Canadian hospitality industry and we communicate these policies to our guests in our confirmation letters, so that the guests are aware of them.

Once again I would like to ask you to contact me whenever you are ready.

Patrick Braspenning
Tyax Wilderness Resort & Spa
Merritt, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is the first time I have been back in many years and it always makes me feel at home, as I was born in Bralorne. This is a great place to kick back and relax and just enjoy the exceptional beauty of this area. If you love the wilderness this is definitely the place for you. Wildlife here is abundant. Everything from Grizzly bears to deer, eagles and yes even bunnies. Sad that we were only here for 1 night but we will be going back for sure probably later this summer.. The people at this resort are very dedicated to their jobs. There is not one bad thing to report here at all.. We checked in on June 8th. The rooms are very large and beautifully appointed. The tub is to die for, and the views well: it does not matter which view you get Lake or Mountain both are equal in my opinion. There is a lot to do here, from horseback riding, bike riding, or float plane to another lake for a picnic lunch and tour, also great walking trails as well. I will post some pictures. The meals are fantastic. Small menu but you will find something to your liking and the prices are reasonable. All in all totally worth every penny spent. A big shout out to our waitress who served us tirelessly during our stay. I am sorry I have forgotten her name but please thank her for us, she worked the night shift and also served us breakfast in the morning. She is a keeper! Thank-you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: If you like your coffee on the deck in the morning I suggest a lake view room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at Tyax several times through the years in summer and winter. Since it has been taken over by the new owner / managemt it has had a significant enhancement. There were areas seriously in need of repair and this has been thoroughly redone. Rotten logs removed, dinning room enhanced, hot tub redone and landscaping renovated. The rooms have been redecorated and balconies redone. The scenery remains beautiful and unspoiled, we met three bears at the entry to the property.

The dinner we had though was an uninspiring halibut soup and pork chop with halibut steak. The menu was very limited. Presentation was good but food was underwhelming for the price.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MLHusker

Been to Tyax Lodge & Heliskiing? Share your experiences!