“great food”
Review of Robert's Place

Robert's Place
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We pride ourselves in creating honest and satisfying breakfasts, lunches and dinners from 8 am to 8 pm, 7 days a week. All menu items are available for take-away.
Calgary
“great food”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

stopped for breakfast on a recent trip to Gabriola and then had a delicious catered meal. Vegetarian Lasagne was wonderful. Would definately go back next time I am in Gabriola

• Visited March 2014

Powell River, Canada
“Let us eat cake!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Robert lights up when you ask him about cake. There's a wide choice here for a little restaurant, and Robert makes most of them himself. I am mildly infamous for being a cake-hater; so when I say that I'll make a point of securing another piece of his lemon cake on my next trip to Gabriola, you know it's both healthy and scrumptious.
Cake came after lunch, of course, since lunch was plenty filling. I chose the special, the salmon quiche and salad. Everything came quickly, hot and exactly as ordered (right dressing, on the side, hold this, add that). The quiche was the lightest and creamiest I've ever had--a delight. My friend's limited diet was happily satisfied by the customer favorite, Jack's Crispy Chicken Burger. Quality, healthy ingredients abounded.
I peeked at the take-out and regular menus. What a range! must come back for breakfast--there are five kinds of bennies, all with home fries and house-made hollandaise, six kinds of three-egg omelettes, three brekky sandwiches and then the usual bacon-and combos. Lots of my favorite things throughout the menu: spinach, feta, goat cheese, beans, yams, "Gord's famous maple sausage", basil, artichoke, garlic, pineapple.... KAs for dinner, if you can't find your favorite pizza among the eight choices, you can make up your own. I'll probably fall for the liver-and-onions entree (reputedly soft and tasty), the schnitzel with hunter sauce, or the lamb with cabernet pepper sauce. And what's this? Robert uses my secret ingredient for his braised beef ribs? "Cherry chipotle" he calls this style--must have seen me pouring the black cherry juice over my steak to get gravy to die for--I will have to try those ribs next time.

Jaded by restaurant food? Robert's Place will refresh your palate and remind you of the joy of eating good food.

Prices are moderate, especially when you consider that you're on an island of only a few thousand people, served by a dinky ferry.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Eva v
Delta, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the trip”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We visit the island 3 times a year, and every time we go, we make a point to visit Robert's Place. We've never had a bad meal, and rarely get the same meal twice. We highly recommend a visit to Robert's if you happen to be in the neighbourhood.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank kristen136
Vancouver, Canada
“Roberts Place”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

There are many MUCH better places to eat on Gabriola Island. Unfortunately, Roberts was the first restaurant that I had tried, upon arriving. I have never been so disgusted by my breakfast in my life! The entire (cold) plate was covered in a thick film of orange grease, some of the hashbrowns had not been cooked fully, the bacon was not warm, and was too dry to swallow. I will never return to waste my money at this place. they should be ashamed.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank jerome d
Campbell River, Canada
“Great Comfort food!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great food. Great service. We usually go there for breakfast. We enjoy particularly the French toasts and the pancakes... scrumptious!!!!!

Visited January 2014