“Down home comfort with a twist”
Review of Robert's Place

Robert's Place
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We pride ourselves in creating honest and satisfying breakfasts, lunches and dinners from 8 am to 8 pm, 7 days a week. All menu items are available for take-away.
BC
“Down home comfort with a twist”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Since opening Robert's Place has never failed to please on the varied occasions we've stopped there to eat. the Service has always been superb, the food reasonably varied, tasty, nicely presented and good value for the buying dollar. Desserts are to 'die' for! Complaints or special requests are dealt with in a positive manner that definitely leaves you feeling it's okay. It is also worth noting that this restaurant seems to have many regulars, including seniors, who are always treated like old friends.

Gabriola Island, Canada
“Another excellent meal”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Thank you Robert and Paul for another fabulous meal; your restaurant is our first choice for local meals on Gabriola. Service, presentation, freshness and flavour in a warm, friendly atmosphere. I appreciate the variety of choices, and I'm happily recommending this restaurant to visitors.

1 Thank Urbantransplant
Gabriloa
“"Major Flop Second Time Around And The Last time”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I thought I would give this place a second chance and what a huge mistake that turned out to be in the end. The last meal at "Robert's Place" was near one of the worst meals I have ever eaten.
I attended the Jun 2nd brunch with a few friends to see if the food would be any better or even worse as the last time. Well sadly the food was just a horrible tasting to all of our taste buds. We all had the Bacon Cheddar Waffle Benny" First of what a stupid name for a dish. The bacon was over cooked to the point of being burnt and felt like you were chewing elastic bands. The cheddar cheese had mold on it stank to high heaven. This will be the last and very last time that "Robert's Place" You will not be seeing another dime out of us. If you can't cook and nice decent meal and perhaps you should be closing your doors and doing something different.

4 Thank Jared W
ksolt
“Major flop”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have eaten alot of lack luster meals and this meal was near the worst. From the spinach salad that was thrown in a bowl (I have seen my 2 year old niece put out better presentation of food in her crumb catcher). The halibut which was blue in the center gave me an idea of what it would be like eating raw halibut fresh fr the ocean ( mushy, chewy and slippery) (stinker). Strike three was my calamari , I don't really know how you can make fried stuff suck, ( but they really excelled at it) . Finally the overpriced nature of their menu, leaves you wanting to simply flush your money down the toilet. Overall terrible , save your money for the gas station hot dog! .

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank CRSK2010
Robert S, Owner at Robert's Place, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I would never be that naive to think that human error doesnt occur at Robert's Place but this review is mean-spirited and in light of this guest not voicing any opinions at the time of dining it is puzzling. We are a hardworking and honest team of people that for the majority of time provide a memorable experience. A number of our guests dine with us at least 3 times a week and I cant imagine that would be the case if their experiences were not positive. I am always approachable and conciliatory with customer feedback but in this forum I feel quite powerless to change the outcome.
Nanaimo, Canada
“great food and service”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The House Blend coffee is superb, and I enjoyed two great dinners, and two lunches at this great place. Prices are good, and this place is an asset for the greater Nanaimo area (this island is connected via ferry to Nanaimo). Thanks!

• Visited May 2013