“Great place for a group”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gabriola Island
Page's Resort and Marina
Vancouver, Canada
“Great place for a group”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We took our cycling club here in the spring for a trip around the island. The location was perfect for our group. I camped last year and stayed in a cabin this year. Both experiences were great; the owners are friendly and accommodating. The cabin is basic but more than comfortable!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank LeeWheel
PagesResort, Owner at Page's Resort and Marina, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thanks so much. It was great to see you again! Take care, Gloria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Passed through and camped for one night during a paddling trip. Very nice friendly staff, clean updated facilities and a short walk to the nearby pub.

Great place to stop if your kayaking or sailing. I'll be back! THANKS.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank mikedarby
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed iin cabin 3 at least three times in the last few years ( sometimes with my husband; this time alone) and was surprised to read the two very poor reviews. My last visit was for two nights - November 7 & 8, 2012. The cabin is simple but very clean with a well-stocked kitchen, a comfortable living room with a super wood stove (always plenty of starters and wood), very comfortable beds with fresh linens, and a clean bathroom with shower and plenty of towels. The owners have always been very helpful and thoughtful. I love this little cabin and intend to visit again.

Room Tip: I can recommend Cabin #3.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Agnes M
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stayed in cabin 1. at Pages Resort. We found the accommodation in great need of a renovation to make it suitable. The cabin is dark, very old. The washroom is cramped-shower pieced together and rickety plastic (no bath tub). Could use a shelf or some counter space for bathroom items. Step down 4 or 5 inches to get into bathroom. Kitchen was really old and basic.Living area unwelcoming. No screens on any of the windows. The bed was small. But sheets and comforter comfy enough.The cabin does not have any home like extras at all. No radio,games, books,puzzles not even a box of Kleenex. The Silva bay shipyard (next to Pages) worked Very LOUDLY!! grinding and sanding till 7pm. Not peaceful at all. The office building and docks looked nice.
Previously, when we have rented a cabin or cottage on the gulf Islands we have recieved a spotlessly clean, modern, quiet place to stay. For a similar amount of money.
Totally disappointed..

Room Tip: Maybe cabin 2 + 3 are better?
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
PagesResort, Owner at Page's Resort and Marina, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Doug and Kelly,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. As you dropped off the key I tried to talk to you however sensed as you rushed out the door that things were not ok.

You are correct in your assumption that the other cottages are much brighter as they are not nestled right in the trees as yours is. That we find some love and some wish for more light.

With respect to the noise from the shipyard, while I know this does not help you and you may find hard to believe, that was the first time in the five years that we have been here that it has been such an annoyance. I did track down the owners that night, however the noise bylaws allow their clients to continue working until 8pm. The grinder certainly caused an awful sound and for that I apologise.

We are also sorry for your disappointment regarding the cottage. Every year we spend a great deal of time and money improving our facilities and it is through feedback such as this that we set our priorities. While I would love to offer you a complementary stay to get you back and to show you that we do respond and that our other cottages might better suite you, I get the sense that you might not accept that and so I have processed a credit on your card for the entire amount of your stay.

Please accept our apologies and be assured that we do not take your comments lightly.

Hoping that we might be able to welcome you again some day,

Gloria
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I had stayed in a cottage at Page's Resort 2 years ago, and I wanted to see if it had changed since I last reviewed it. I'm happy to say that it was just as wonderful when I stayed for this Thanksgiving weekend of 2011.

Page's Resort offers fully equipped cottages nestled among tall fir trees, overlooking Silva Bay. Each cottage feels isolated from its neighbours. The privacy and silence are wonderful.

I stayed in a different one-bedroom cottage this time, but it was as clean and comfortable as my first one. The kitchen is equipped with everything you need except food. The wood-burning stove will heat the entire cottage. Unfortunately the little grocery store at Silva Bay is no longer there, but you can stop at Folklife Village on your way to Page's to pick up groceries.

The cottage's bathroom is very modern and there's plenty of hot water. My deck overlooked the marina and harbour, perfect for morning coffee. Once again I found several books at the resort's bookstore. I discovered that while Rogers cell customers won't have any reception at that end of Gabriola, but Telus customers will.

The only suggestion I would make is to get regular-sized coffee cups in the kitchens. The cups were tiny and I found them a bit awkward -- but then I drink a lot of coffee and tea.

I've recommended Page's Resort to a lot of people, especially when suggesting a romantic getaway or girls' weekend.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
WurHere B&B
#5 of 16 in Gabriola Island
Ty Collwyn Waterfront Retreat
Mountainaire Campground and RV Park

Been to Page's Resort and Marina? Share your experiences!