We stayed for two nights enjoying the sunshine and rain, tidal flows, and wildlife viewing from our lovely deck. The king bedroom felt very new and comfortable with a soft love seat to sink into and a high bed with nice pillows and comforter to snuggle under. We did block the east window with an extra pillow so we could sleep in a bit later on our second night. We did a package with tour up Princess Louisa Inlet and had breakfast and dinner coupons. We highly recommend the boat launch for the magical scenery. You can ask the kitchen to prepare a lunch then make use of the picnic tables at the provincial park by the waterfall. Do take your own binoculars to enjoy the view in your room.
Minor dissatisfaction with the shower as there is no shelf nor soap dish so we ended up with the soap and shampoo on the edge and floor. Also the shower is really tight. I did discover the rain shower head could be adjusted which allowed me to be in there without being in a downpour the whole time on the second day. The big bathtub looked nice - if only it had a handheld shower - I'd be super happy.
As dinners were included we ate here too. Breakfast offerings were big plates with lots of food. We never got close to finishing. The yogurt and granola was delicious! As was the special omlet. We enjoyed the steak dinner. It would have been nice to have some nightly specials as the menu was a bit short on options. Nice desserts. No draft beers yet but they said once it gets busier they will have. Please consider the wonderful beer from Townsite Brewing in Powell River as an alternative to the macro brews you have.
We didn't make use of the spa. Perhaps next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Coast Wilderness Lodge resort brings first-class adventure, fine dining and luxury accommodations to the laid-back Sunshine Coast of British Columbia. Come experience the crisp salt air and breathtaking views of the Pacific Northwest -- at a place where every day is filled with romantic moments and unforgettable memories. Simple luxury on Nature's doorstep -- unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your West Coast Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Coast Wilderness Hotel Egmont
- West Coast Wilderness Egmont