Our bliss-provoking stay at the lodge was indeed in a nature focused location at the end of the road, but this was wilderness for those who want comfort in the experience. The location and the view are beautiful, with the main building restaurant and the cabins and the decks well designed to make the most of the surroundings.
Comfort, warmly hospitable personnel, an excellent restaurant.....great halibut at dinner and eggs Benedict for breakfast.....the stunning view of the passing boats on the inlet, and the Big Dipper, larger and brighter than we had ever seen it, hanging low over the mountains on the other shore. and all of it wrapped in a profound and soothing silence. I know there are also excellent adventure and nature appreciation opportunities available here, but ours was a one night stay because a wedding party was taking over the whole lodge the next day.....and what a glorious location for an outdoor wedding, even in September!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Coast Wilderness Lodge resort brings first-class adventure, fine dining and luxury accommodations to the laid-back Sunshine Coast of British Columbia. Come experience the crisp salt air and breathtaking views of the Pacific Northwest -- at a place where every day is filled with romantic moments and unforgettable memories. Simple luxury on Nature's doorstep -- unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your West Coast Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Coast Wilderness Hotel Egmont
- West Coast Wilderness Egmont