We recently hosted our wedding - for 82 guests - at the West Coast Wilderness Lodge (Spring, 2012). The venue, the food and the staff (and fortunately, the weather) were all incredible. From the BBQ friday night, the breakfasts Saturday and Sunday mornings, through the reception and plated dinner, they did a fantastic job.
Lodging-wise, the resort was great. The beds are very comfy and overall the rooms are clean and comfortable. I really liked what they'd done with the bathrooms; though the showers could use a little more water pressure (that's just a personal preference thing). You could definitely ask for more lodging capacity - though that's being dealt with -> see below. It was very helpful that they work with the Backeddy (right next door) to help accomodate extra guests.
The main building of the Lodge itself is absolutely beautiful. An incredible, rustic building with a phenomenal view. You really have to go up there to see it in order to believe it. The ambiance on the night of the wedding was very well set - especially since the lodge helped contribute their own candles to the dining room as well as the deck, where they laid out all the muskoka chairs while we were eating.
The staff were amazing enough to open two weeks early on the season to host our wedding - as they had been doing construction on the deck and a new cabin over the winter and weren't planning to open until May. They'd even laid down new paving stones on the paths since we'd last been there in the fall. The work they're doing looks amazing and the lodge will be even better once it's completed.
The only real issue we had (and this is more an artifact of the timing of our wedding - the lodge was closed over the winter after all) was that guests had a hard time reaching the lodge in order to make arrangements for their weekend up there. Once the weekend of the wedding actually arrived and the staff were around full time, things went off without a hitch.
Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend the West Coast Wilderness Lodge to anyone looking to plan a wedding of up to 120 people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Coast Wilderness Lodge resort brings first-class adventure, fine dining and luxury accommodations to the laid-back Sunshine Coast of British Columbia. Come experience the crisp salt air and breathtaking views of the Pacific Northwest -- at a place where every day is filled with romantic moments and unforgettable memories. Simple luxury on Nature's doorstep -- unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your West Coast Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Coast Wilderness Hotel Egmont
- West Coast Wilderness Egmont