We are a family of four - kids are 7 and 9. We really enjoyed our few nights at the Backeddy.
Yes, our cabin was small, but it offered a very imaginative layout with an efficient use of space. We all thought it was really cool and the kids loved the loft. It isn't the Marriot or the Hilton, but that's the point and in my mind, you're better off for it.
From the outside, the Pub looks like any other blue collar, small town west coast waterfront pub. However, the food is as good or better than that which I have had in some of Vancouver and Victoria's well known pubs. Seriously, the food is fantastic and they have a good selection of micro brewed beers.
The Backeddy offers a great view of the harbour and mountains and is a stones throw from the trail head to the Skookumchuck rapids.
I know the Backeddy recently changed ownership, so perhaps this place was without charm a few years ago when some other reviews were left. All I can tell you is that we had a great time and that the establishment and staff exceeded our expectations.
Thanks to the folks at the Backeddy!
Mica, Janice, Silas and Chloe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extraordinary experiences in the heart of nature! Cabins, Inn rooms, and Glamping domes. Waterfront pub, cafe, mountain bike, kayak and paddle board rentals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Backeddy Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Backeddy Resort And Marina
- Backeddy Resort & Marina Hotel Egmont