“Filthy room, night front desk clerk not friendly at all!”

Stonebridge Dawson Creek
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Dawson Creek
Grande prairie
“Filthy room, night front desk clerk not friendly at all!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Although we did enjoy the pool and hot tub, our room was awful. First of all, after using the pool, I went to have a shower to find there was no shower curtain. Called front desk and the less than friendly clerk brought one to the door which we put up ourselves. No big deal. After the shower I noticed toenail clippings on the floor by the tub from a previous guest! Sooo gross! I didn't feel as though the front desk attendant would offer up much help as she seemed bothered when we asked about the shower curtain. I just cleaned them up with toilet paper and tried to forget about it. As I was blow drying my hair I found a previous guests electric toothbrush charger complete with dried toothpaste and whatever else all over it tangled up in the blow drier cord! Gross again. Anyways, on top of all this the keurig didn't work in the am, and leaked water all over the counter. For a room priced over 200 dollars I feel as though I have been robbed. I was planning to try And stay here again Tuesday for another concert but I will definitely be booking a room elsewhere. During checkout I mentioned this all to the morning front desk clerk and she was very friendly and apologetic, but that doesn't make me feel better for forking out that much money to have to clean up some random persons toenails the night before. Sorry stonebridge, I wish I would have stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Joseymay10
wendy t, General Manager at Stonebridge Dawson Creek, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Joseymay10,
Thank you so much for giving us a review on trip advisor. We feel that feedback is a gift and a way for us to see what our guests have to say about us.
I was greatly distressed to see about the problems that you encountered as that is definitely not the normal great standards we strive daily to achieve. We have investigated the problem and used this as a training session for our staff.
With regard to price of rooms, at $169 plus tax a night, this hotel is one of the lower priced ones in this area, and does include a deluxe hot breakfast, brand new 42" flat screen TV's, a pool, waterslide and hot tub and is within walking distance of the EnCana Event Centre.
Again I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience and hope that you will give us a chance to make your next stay a great one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Recently I stayed in this hotel passing through town while working in the area. I found the hotel to be very nicely laid out in terms of decorations and furnishings, the rooms were very clean and well appointed. I stayed in a suite, the T.V's were large and the internet was fast enough.I also found the front desk staff to be very welcoming and friendly.

The only negative I can think of is that the drapes do no close all the way, and just outside my room was a light tower. It did not affect my sleep quality but I can see how it would annoy others.

As I did not pay for the room I will refrain from ratings its $ value but I do believe its is on the more expensive side of rooms available in Dawson creek

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
traveling-with-wendy, Manager at Stonebridge Dawson Creek, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear AdamCosmicTrav,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give our Hotel a review. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and found the room clean and comfortable. We have just replaced all of the older TV's with 42" LG Flatscreens, and put in a new hot breakfast program.
I hope that you had a chance to also use our pool, waterslide and hot tub or take advantage of our fitness centre.
We look forward to your next visit with us. Until then, Safe travels.
Shelburne
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here when it was the Best Western and loved it! The name has changed but I found the same warm & friendly staff when I returned! Beautifully clean rooms, friendly & happy staff and great breakfast! I WILL be staying here whenever I'm in the area!
Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Phil T
wendy t, Manager at Stonebridge Dawson Creek, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Phil T
Thank you so much for the kind review of our Hotel. It is always our goal to give our guests an outstanding experience , so that they wish to return. UI am glad that we accomplished this with you.
I was pleased to see that you enjoyed everything from the linens to the new hot breakfast!
We look forward to your next stay with us!
Safe travels