“The back to the 50's was so cool”
Review of Stuie's Diner

Stuie's Diner
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Dawson Creek
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We thought the place was great,beautiful interior.Some major expense must have gone into all the chrome and stainless steel on that build..lots of home made food from what the cooks told us,home made-pies,soups,burger patties,turkey,roast beef,ham and more was all cooked in house.Whats not to like,its like eating at home.Waitress's were so busy that they could not visit,but understandable.We thought the service and the food was great for such a busy place.The staff worked hard under pressure.People tend to complain more than praise something and sometimes do this just to try and get a free meal. But these are probably the people who are used to the drive though at the big "M".My wife and Kids and I would rate it high and have been back lots.We recommend it.The old time music was cool.And the old hotrods hangin around were also so cool.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I was there last spring and just noticed it is now posted on Tripadvisor so thought I would pass on my good rating. I admit the lunch was average but I went back the next morning for breakfast and that was when it shone as a true diner experience!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a beautiful building and I was hoping the food would live up to the surroundings. I found the food very generic. Our waitress was obviously new but very friendly and tried very hard. The hostess (?) stood around doing nothing, was unfriendly and not at all welcoming.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

went for lunch with some friends today and i asked the server what was the signature stuie's dish..she replied the classic burger..i ask her what makes it so special and she says that the patties are home made..i ask what kind of spices or anything special in the burger? no she says they are just handmade...so, i give it a try...well.. that was a mistake...that was probably the most borrrring burger i have ever tasted and if i was not starving at the time. i probably would have returned it.. cmon mike!!!...put some value into your food costs...you have an opportunity to put your signature on a dish there that will have people coming from hundreds of miles away to frequent this business instead of people saying "well, it will be another 6 months before i come back here" repeat?? not for a while..again...

1  Thank kato1959
Reviewed August 16, 2012

A group of 5 people out for a meal before attending a concert. Waitress clearly did not enjoy her job! Twice during the order process I requested no onions be added to my sandwich and ordered my salad without an ingredient due to allergies. When my plate arrived, both requests were not honored.

When a friend requested 5 seperate checks, she responded with attitude saying it would be on 1 check only! When I went to pay for my meal, I advised her of my disappointment due to what results when I have an allergic reaction to the food she served me, she blamed it on the cooking staff. After I exited the restaurant, she mocked me to others as per my friend who was still waiting to pay. WON'T BE BACK!!

2  Thank Runner23081