“Best Choice in Dawson Creek”

Super 8 Dawson Creek
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Dawson Creek
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Just finished my second extended stay at this hotel for work and was quite satisfied again. First, the hotel is non-smoking which I really appreciate as most hotels up here in oil & gas towns are smoking and they smell like it. They also have pet-friendly rooms if you are stopping by and have a pet.

Second, the price is actually affordable in a town where hotel rates are insanely high! If you stay for 3+ nights you can get the king suite complete with jacuzzi tub and fireplace for less than the standard room at the Best Western.

Breakfast could use some upgrading (real eggs people... not powder!!) but its decent with a fair amount of choices and there is a fairly good restaurant attached which offers a 10% discount to guests.

All in all, its a great choice for those who need to stay in Dawson and don't want to pay the ridiculous prices of the more well known hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 6, 2012

This hotel is kept up very nicely. They accept pets, offer free wi-fi and breakfast (I had apple juice and a bagel with cream cheese, very good). The room I stayed in had two queen beds, a mini fridge, dresser, tv, and a nice size bathroom. The front desk staff was very nice and check in and check out was fairly quick. The hotel is attached to a restaurant Sola's Bar & Grill, we did not eat here, but a waitress out in the parking lot was very friendly and said hello. If I'm ever in the area again, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank laceyworks
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I did not stay with them actually, but their customer service concerning cancellation is worth 6 stars...
I booked them by mistake, thinking that they are in Dawson City (1,000 miles away...), not Dawson Creek. It happens...
I found this late and was able to call them only very late night of the first day; actually, it was over the cancellation time even for the 2nd night.
The night desk girl immediately cancelled the second night with no penalty. She could not do it for the same day, but her manager (Pat Johnston) did it the next day.
This is an extraordinary customer service, as they could charge me for hundreds of bucks but they waived it, understanding my mistake.
Chapeau!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you, we do know that mistakes do happen, and with the names of the cities being so close, it is very easy to see and understand how this can happen. We do hope to be of service though if you do decide to come to Dawson Creek. Safe travels.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Super 8 in Dawson Creek offers an outstanding lodging option in Dawson Creek.

I stayed on-site for 90 days for an extended business assignment. My room included a work area, micro fridge, microwave and enough space for me to relax when I did have some downtime.

The room was clean and the staff was flexible with their cleaning schedule, based upon my work needs.

The hotel is centrally located to all local businesses and area attractions.

The staff was very accommodating and I found the overall facility in excellent repair with more than adequate options like breakfast with hot coffee at 5AM as well as other available amenities like an exercise/fitness area.

The hotel does have a connecting restaurant that offers room service at reasonable prices.

I would highly recommend this Super 8 Hotel to anyone staying the Dawson Creek area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for being such a great guest, and we are glad we could accomodate all your needs. We have alot of long term guests like yourself and all our staff is taught to make our guests feel at home, and it sounds like we did accomplish that. Again, thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey and we look forward to seeing you again sometime.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed here two nights and was very happy with the stay. The room was clean and large with a fridge and coffee maker. The Internet connection was good. A better positioned table would have been ideal - but it certainly wasnt a problem. The bathroom was clean and a good size.

I didnt have the breakfast they offer - so cant comment on that.

Would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete the survey. We are gald you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again, should you be in the area.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Rooms are decent. They are clean, beds are comfortable and the front desk staff is very friendly. The wireless internet is absolutley terrible. Very low speed, reminds me of dial up 56k.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to fill out your survey, I am sorry about the internet service, as I know sometimes it can be slow and other times it is great. We have recently added enhancements to our internet service, and we have had people comment on how fast our service is, so hopefully we have that corrected. We do look forward you seeing you again and thanks for the imput.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

A welcome resting place after a week of fabulous sightseeing along the Alaska Highway. Beds and pillows are comfy and staff accommodating and friendly. Not fancy but functional and...."yippee"... easy to access wireless! Restaurant and contential breakfast makes for a one stop shop. Room updates are in the works which will be a bonus. Meanwhile a great stop and definitely good bang for your buck.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete the guest survery regarding your recent stay with us. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we look forward to being of service to you again in the near future. Yes, we are doing renovations, and looking forward to having a new LOOK come Fall of this year.