“Wish we would have stayed elsewhere”

Ramada Limited Dawson Creek
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Dawson Creek
Spirit Lake
“Wish we would have stayed elsewhere”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Why didn't I read the reviews before we booked this place? oh yea, my husband was in a hurry to just get something cheap. Cheap is what we got. The first as impression I got as we drove up is that this was a dive, I was right to a point. The room was right next the HWY, which you could hear nicely along with the people above us. The sheets had some small blood looking stains on them and the room could have used a new paint job. On the positive side, there was close parking, WiFi and a fairly nice continental breakfast. Oh, at first the WiFi didn't work and the clerk's middle-east accent was so strong that I had a hard time understanding him when he asked me to wait until he re-started the router again. It worked after that.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SpiritLakeKay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dover
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Ramada Limitied Dawson Creek doesn't exactly look wonderful from the outside but we were pleasantly surprised by the room - a full suite in fact, that we ended up with. It was the only room they had available and was upstaits at the back of the motel. It was certainly roomy, reasonably quiet and we did get a good night's sleep.

Staff were pleasant and polite, room was reasonably clean and,despite being on the edge of town, there are several good places to eat nearby, some with discounts for people staying at the Ramada.

The self-service continental breakfast was ok, I guess we were probably amongst the last of the guests to have breakfast that day but there was sufficient and we appreciated the choice of fresh juices being available - not something we have found in all establishments.

Might not be our first choice if returning to Dawson Creek, but we would certainly be willing to stay here again if need be.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We stayed here because it was a pet friendly hotel, and we found the staff to be very pleasant. The hotel exterior was a bit dated, but the room was very clean and quiet. Nothing fancy, but just fine for a one night stop. They had a wide variety of television channels and free wi-fi!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed November 3, 2010

The outside really needs some updating, but the room was nice and very clean. It is pet friendly, had internet and a fridge and microwave in the room. Also has digital TV!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Pismo Beach, CA
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Although the motel is a bit strange looking, we were happily surprised to find upper level rooms had parking directly in front of the room on upper level. The room was clean and comfortable, and had plenty of room to move around in. The motel was quite and the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Rockhound_57
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Have stayed at the location many times in the past 20 years (since moving away from Dawson Creek) and every time without incident. Recognized a change of ownership upon arrival this trip and oh my......Room 112 has bed bugs! I was chewed from one end to another, had to seek medical attention (for allergic reaction to the bites) and when I reported it to the front desk (showed them one of the bugs - still alive in a baggie I put it in)...they commented 'oh sorry'. I reported the entire incident to the local Health Inspector and gave them the bug in the bag as proof. After they did their inspection...the manager of the Ramada offered a 'one night' rebate to the bill. What an insult.....you'd think he would have apologized profoundly and scrapped the entire bill asking if they could pay for the medical treatment/prescriptions, etc! What a shame! I sent email to head office of Ramada and didn't even get so much as a reply. Shame on Ramada and I'm totally 'done' with their chain. Bugs or no bugs - they'll never see me or my $$ again.
Doctors in my hometown told me there is an infestation of bedbugs in all hotels/motels all across North America in 2010....no matter whether you stay in a $1500.00/nite suite or a $15.00/nite bunkhouse, so ask questions before you stay!!!

Good luck travellers!

• Stayed June 2010
7 Thank okanagangurl

Travelers are raving about these Dawson Creek hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2010

The Ramada was able to take me on short notice when the B&B I was supposed to stay at fell through. The room was a bit dated but plenty comfortable with a nice, large bathroom and mini-fridge. Internet worked fine for me. The continental breakfast was adequate and they had a 10% off coupon for a couple of local restaurants for dinner. The woman working the front desk was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo