“Not like a Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dawson Creek
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Dawson Creek
Anchorage, Alaska
“Not like a Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nicest Holiday Inn Express we've stayed in! The staff is super friendly, the place is new and clean and the rooms are great. We walked to an adjacent hotel and ate at Fixx Restaurant, about like an O'Charleys or Applebees. I would like to stay here again to see the pool that guests get to use at an events center across the street. The breakfast is well organized, clean and kept stocked. For this neck of the woods I don't think you're going to find a better place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GAKSAK
Hansol Y, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dawson Creek, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was my great pleasure to have an opportunity to serve you and to listen to your feedback. I am truly glad we successfully delivered our brand to you during your recent stay.

It seems like you enjoyed staying with us, but if you have found any inconveniences we need to improve on, please let us know anytime, so we can correct them before your next visit.

Thank you again for giving us a great chance to hear your opinion, and hopefully we can see you soon in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Travelling this far north you'd normally expect marginal accommodations. Not the case with Dawson Creek. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of newer, 3 to 3.5 star hotels in town. I couldn't have been happier with the HI Express. Only a year old with great amenities, free breakfast, and my meeting room was also very nice, bright and spacious. I had a junior suite which was great to have the extra space of a living room and kitchenette area to feel more at home vs. just another hotel room. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant, but there are several very close by. There's also a nice new smaller casino next door for a bit of entertainment and fun for the evening. Staff at this hotel were also very nice, professional and helpful. Will definitely stay again when in town!

Room Tip: Spend the extra few dollars for the junior suite. It's really nice to have the extra space.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hansol Y, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dawson Creek, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

I truly appreciated that you spared your valuable time to give us a review. It was great to hear you enjoyed staying with us. Hopefully you found everything accommodating and enjoyable with your room and the meeting room.

But, if there were any items we could have been done better during your stay, please feel free to contact me at yhansol83@gmail.com. We always value your opinion.

I wish we will have another chance to serve you in the near future. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Best Regards,
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel is spotless and very well managed. The staff is excellent from the front desk to the cleaners. A 4th floor king size room with a livingroom was exactly what I needed and it is right beside the event centre and airport . This is a great place to stay and it is a short walk to Fixx's restauraurant if you dont want to drive into town

Room Tip: This spotlessly clean hotel has tremendous staff-- from the front desk to the cleaners- I had a king...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hansol Y, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dawson Creek, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest;

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was a great pleasure having a chance to serve you. Hopefully your entire stay with us was enjoyable. If you have found any inconvenience during your stay, please feel free to let us know anytime. We highly value your opinion.

I truly appreciate that you took your valuable time to write a review for us.
Thank you again and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Prince George, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Despite entering the correct street address, my GPS took me to the wrong place, but I found the hotel not long afterwards. Checking in was straightforward (I'm a Priority Club member, which tends to accelerate the process). Wednesday is "free pizza" night (a nice touch), but I wasn't able to take advantage due to my schedule (drat). The room was clean and well appointed. That night there was a rock concert in the arena next door, but I heard no noise or disturbance other than a couple of hoots and hollers when, I assume, the show ended. The parking lot was well lit and I was able to park next to a light standard (having had my truck vandalized once before in the lower mainland, I'm now sensitive to vehicle security issues). Breakfast was the usual HI Express fare, meaning good quality and variety. The room rate was higher than expected, but that's due to local economic conditions (everyone's riding the oil and gas boom). The only drawback was that the bed was not as comfortable as it could have been, but that's a common problem for me in any hotel. Yes, I will stay there again in future if I am in the area.

Room Tip: My room was facing out from the back of the hotel. It might be noisier on the front side which face...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank A K
Hansol Y, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dawson Creek, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed staying with us.

I am so sorry you had a hard time finding us. We are a fairly new hotel in the area, so some of GPS cannot be able to find our location. We are working on correcting the error with Google team, so hopefully it will be corrected soon. Please take my apology.

If you have any other items you want to discuss with us, please feel free to contact me anytime at yhansol83@gmail.com. I will be more than happy to listen to your opinion.
I wish we will have another opportunity to serve you better in the near future, and hopefully you don't miss the pizza night when you come next time.

Thank you again for the review and have a happy Easter weekend.

Best regards,
Fort St. John
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a concert to attend, & the convenience of being right next to the event centre was great. Rooms were tremendously clean, comfortable, hot breakfast was excellent, the fitness room was perfect, new equpt. clean, great television in the room, very quiet hotel, & because we had 2 small dogs, the hotel was very accommodating. Will definitely stay again if the opportunity presents itself!

• Stayed March 2013
Hansol Y, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dawson Creek, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guests;

It is always great to hear that our guests enjoyed staying with us. I am truely happy that our staff tried accommodating you at their best. Hopefully you did not find any incovenience during the stay, but if there was any, please let me know any time. So we can improve on and serve you better for your next stay.
I wish to see you and your lovely dogs again in the near future. Thank you for staying with us again and have a wonderful day.

Smithers, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We traveled to Dawson Creek for the Marianas Trench Concert from Smithers, BC. After 12 hours of driving we were very happy with the location of the hotel. The rooms were very clean, breakfast great and the concert across the street in walking distance. While all of this was great it was the very helpful staff that made our stay excellent and we would recomend it to anyone traveling for concerts.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cori D
Hansol Y, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dawson Creek, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Cori;

I am really glad you enjoyed staying with us for the concert night. I hope you and your daughter made a safe trip back to Smithers. Hopefully we will be able to serve you again in the near future. I guess your kid will miss our pancake a lot. If you need any further assistance for future stay, please feel free to contact me anytime at yhansol83@gmail.com.
Thank you again for choosing us.
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed October 23, 2012

First of all: Its a Holiday inn Express and not a high class, top-of-the-line hotel. In its class and compared to other Holiday Inn Espress's i have stayed in, this hotel is deserves the 5 stars i gave it. upon arrival (9 am) i asked the staff if i could check in early. They went out of their way to find me a room, even though i said it wouldn't be a big deal if they couldn't. The room was spotless, It felt like i was the first ever to stay in my room. Bed very comfortable. Breakfast was basic but good enough. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hansol Y, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dawson Creek, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for staying with us. I am really glad to hear that you have enjoyed staying with us. Hopefully you did not find any problems during your stay. If you like to make any comments on our service, please feel free to contact me at yhansol83@gmail.com. Your opinion will help us a lot to improve. I wish I have another opportunity to serve you better in the near future.
Thank you again.