“Awesome”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Calgary, Canada
“Awesome”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This place is a little gem! I have been here several times, and I always go straight to the treats at the market :) This is a great place for everyone to check out if you are in the Parksville area

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Campbell River, Canada
“So disappointed that we got food poisoning from the restaurant”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Heard about this old country market for a while from my friends, finally I got chance to go there with my family. However, it was just hard for us to enjoy the visit.

- Over crowded
- Not much to see except goats on the roof
- terrible food from the restaurant ( extremely salty salmon sandwich and it was also ice cold)
- Got food poisoning ( throw up and diarrhea )
- Over priced

Over all it was a big disappointment!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Mmtct
New York
“No goats the day I was there :(”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Despite there being no sign of the goats, this place is still worth a visit. Lovely gift shops and a very impressive market featuring foods from all around the world. Lots of fun to browse the various shops, especially if the weather is a bit iffy - you can duck in and out of the shops based on whether it's raining or sunny.

The rooves of the shops are covered with green and growing grass, hence the goats which are put on the roof to keep the grass levels manageable. How they get them up there is anyone's guess.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mairead O
Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico
“And now for something different”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Crowded, crazy and eclectic, this store has something for everyone. Fresh bread, imported foods from almost every country in Europe, oddball gifts, cheap Chinese imports and a basic, down-to-earth restaurant that serves huge breakfasts, and down-home lunches. Try to visit on a weekday when the crowds are a little thinner, and make sure your wallet is stocked if you want the specialty, imported items - they're pricey but, at least in my experience, well worth it.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Rachel M
Calgary, Canada
“Fun place”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I was shocked out of my shoes when I saw so many South African foods in this cozy market...needless to say I stocked up on my favourites. We did not have lunch here but the kids loved the icecream shop. We walked around and found the animal statues that created a perfect opportunity to do some photo shots with the kids and they just loved climbing on all the aminmals. We found some nice little stores and my fav was the old bookstore where we stocked up on some reading material for the kids. All in all this reminds me of home and small town life and the goats is just soooo cute :-)

• Visited July 2013