Have just returned from a wonderful 2 day get away with my daughter at Big Bar Ranch. I have been dreaming about going to a 'dude' ranch for a number of years and this experience was everything I wanted. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming and friendly. We were quickly part of the family. Even the dogs (all 4) welcomed us. It was a lovely experience the first evening to walk along a road through the pasture and the horses. Some even came to say hello, though the alpaca, Rocky, stayed on his job of protecting the herd.
I was impressed with their dedication to comfort and safety. My daughter had never ridden and I had not ridden for over 30 years. We were given horses that suited each of us and very soon were comfortable in the saddle. The trails are great and we saw beautiful views and wildlife on our rides.
The meals were well above expectation; Chris' carrot cake was amazing! The family style dining was a good way to get to know new people, both staff and guests.
The beds were wonderful and the silence at night awesome - only the odd coyote to be heard.
The ranch is under new management since November and it was a pleasure to be among young, keen people who are excited about what they can make of the wonderful facility. If I was 30 years younger I would be looking for a job there.
Thanks and good luck guys!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're an all inclusive Guest Ranch located north west of Clinton, BC. Included in your package is your accommodations, three square meals and up to 5 hours of riding per day. You can either participate in two short rides in the morning and afternoon or take your lunch with you for an all day riding experience. Archery lessons provide an alternative activity to consider. Also included is access to our private lake with use of our canoes and peddle boats; as well as maps to our marked trails to enjoy either on foot or by mountain bike. Of course all the social areas are part of the package and you can feel free to play billiards or shuffle board in the lounge or simply hang out by the camp fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Big Bar Guest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Bar Guest Ranch Hotel Clinton
- Big Bar Guest Ranch Clinton, Cariboo