We were married in our backyard yesterday at 11:00 with a total of 8 people including the minister and photographer. It was a lovely intimate affair.I arranged a reception meal at the Quaaot Lodge for 12:30 with Nadine the catering Manager the week before. She patiently went through the catering menu and regular menu with me. What we came up with was an absolutely amazing meal at a reasonable cost. We had the quaaot salad, (not a salad eater, but just loved it), the cedar board maple glazed salmon and a fabulous cheesecake for dessert with all the coffee and tea you could drink. The white linen tables covered with the traditional first nation runners were pleasing to the eye, and the view of the Little Shuswap Lake was spectacular. Our server was attentive and friendly, one of the very best!!!!!
We had a German couple with us who traveled from Montreal to attend our wedding. They travel all over the world at least three times per year and are planning a stay at the Quaoot Lodge next year. This was their first time at the Quaoot Lodge.
Thank you to all the staff, including Rumina who gave us a tour of the luxurious spa, which includes among many other services a fabulous vichy shower.
The food, service, friendliness and ambiance at The Quaoot Lodge!!!! We are returning for brunch this morning!!!! Great things don't have to end!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quaaout Lodge & Talking Rock Golf Course, the pride of the Little Shuswap Indian Band, is situated on the north shore of Little Shuswap Lake.Located midway between Vancouver & Calgary we are located just minutes off the Trans Canada Highway, a 45 minute drive east from the Kamloops, or a scenic 2 hour drive north from Kelowna International Airport. The Lodge underwent a major 4 month renovation in 2010, which included re-designing all hotel guest rooms, our restaurant, Jack Sam’s and hotel exterior. Balconies were added to all rooms and suites for our guests to enjoy the view of the lake and surrounding woods. The Lodge is open for reservations daily, taking bookings for individual travelers, banquets, groups, meetings and golf. Guest amenities at the Resort include: * 1800 feet of sandy beach * Indoor swimming pool, hot tub, exercise room * 18 hole championship Talking Rock Golf Course * Conference Centre for meetings, seminars & banquets, authentic Native gourmet meals and Native interpretive areas including a "kekuli" and traditional "sweat lodge" * Jack Sam’s Restaurant * Le7Ke Day Spa * •Activities in the Resort area include swimming, boating, biking, golf, fishing, hiking, and just relaxing on the beach…Whitewater rafting, Zip-lines, Segway Tours, Wine Tasting, and other adventures are also nearby. In winter the Shuswap welcomes snowmobilers, nordic skiers, and ice fishing enthusiasts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Quaaout Lodge & Spa at Talking Rock Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quaaout Lodge & Spa Talking Rock Golf Hotel Chase
- Quaaout Lodge And Spa Talking Rock Golf
- Quaaout Hotel Chase