“GREAT FOOD in Cache Creek, BC, Canada” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hungry Herbie's Drive In
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Cache Creek
Cuisines: Fast Food, Canadian, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Sedona, Ariona
“GREAT FOOD in Cache Creek, BC, Canada”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

GREAT FOOD in Cache Creek, BC, Canada

I’m out on the road again doing book research. It has taken me to southern British Columbia, Canada. We left Whistler and drove to Lillooet, the hottest place in BC during the summer. I wanted to go to Cache Creek and check out the surrounding area because it seemed like a good place to set a forthcoming fiction book I wanted to write.

We arrived about 10 a.m. and we saw this huge sign that said: “Hungry?” Well, yes we were! We decided to pull in. We were met at the counter by a black-haired woman who was friendly. She asked, “Breakfast or Lunch?” We said breakfast and she handed us the menus. The place was clean, there was a large umbrella area with tables and chairs, but we elected to stay inside. This has a true diner atmosphere. It's easy going. Come as you are. Relaxing. Great food.

Pat, our waitress, was a fount of information as we ordered French Toast with bacon. I had the coffee, which was very good. The breakfast was huge! And delicious. The bacon was divine.

While Hungry Herbie’s is the name of this restaurant, it’s well worth going to. Excellent food, fast service, people are friendly and the menu includes lots more than just breakfast.

If you visit Cache Creek, do stop here. You can sit outside in the summer time under bright blue and white umbrellas and enjoy your order. This is a great place, lots of fun, very nice people and the food is made with love….the best.

This is not a "fancy" place but I've found frequently the tastiest, best food is mom and pop kinds of establishments rather than the "big names." Hungry Herbie's is that kind of place. No need to dress up; come as you are. This is a great place to feed a family as the prices are very reasonable. Herbie's boasts of great hamburgers but I can't verify it because I had breakfast. But based upon our breakfast, I'm sure that burger really is good too.

They are located on the main drag of Cache Creek. You won't miss them with that big yellow sign with red letters asking, "Hungry?"

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lindsay M

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Loved their poutine, t'was delicious. Service was alright, my friend got a monster burger which was huge. The food in general was alright.

• Visited August 2013
Vancouver
“Meh.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have been stopping here on and off for over 20 years and have more often than not received a good-quality burger.

Hopefully, the mediocre quality of the food I received on my visit last week is a product of the off-season and not the beginning of a downward trend in quality.

Step it up Herbies, you have a reputation to uphold.

(and fix the jukebox!)

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank drknows
Cache Creek, Canada
“The best homemade burgers ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband & I have a burger there every week , way better than any frozen patty & bun, it's all homemade. We love the old fashion kinda burger place , got the good ol rock & roll music , the staff are really down to earth friendly. The restaurant is right off the main highway, you can't miss it. Like I say it's awesome food there ....all homemade !!!!!!!!!

• Visited April 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Lower mainland tradition”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I ate here in the early 1980s and introduced my son to it, he will likely know have the fond memories I have of Hungary Herbies. i thought it would look all updated and lose its old school charm but I was wrong, it has not changed a dime from what I remember.
I wanted to have the Monster Burger but I was not as hungry but he one I picked was great as were the fries. Gonna stop next time I am through.

• Visited March 2014