“Great potential but”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Cache Creek
Nanaimo
“Great potential but”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Based on some of the reviews we decided to stay here even though it was out of our way. Cache Creek seems to be a dying town and the motel is up for sale. It has great potential so hopefully someone will take it to the next level. The staff were pleasant, the room was good. The bar fridge had dirt and mold around the door, there was other people's garbage under the bed, the door to the suite on the inside looked like a mechanic had stayed there with greasy hands - very dirty. It would be so easy to take this to another level. A good paint job, larger bar fridges, but the bathrooms may need more attention. Now with all this said; the price was too high for the value. I suspect that it is a family run business and they are burned out. IF I had to stay in Grande Cache again I may stay there but I would check the room first before renting it verses giving a credit card up front on hopes the room is clean.

Room Tip: Check the room out before checking in. The back of the hotel has a creek going by, not sure if that...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Beezee12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had a confirmed booking in writing for two days in a spa room for $99 per night. The owner would not honour the price when we arrived but downgraded us to a room without a spa and overcharged us by $10 per day. Others we talked to only paid $89 per night - the price that was listed on the room door. The lobby was dirty and the floor was wet because she had just watered her neglected plants. The room's bathroom sink was disgusting as it was very stained and rusty and the tap leaked sideways and dripped. On the positive side, the bed was comfortable and the room was reasonably clean. However, we were not provided with maid service because she said that we would have had to ask for it in the morning by putting a tag on the door. There was no tag. The room walls were paper thin and we could hear talking and coughing in the room beside us and noise above us. The owner will not talk to you about your reservation when you phone because I called the night before and she put me off and said she would call me back which she never did. We would never stay here again and don't recommend it unless you are desperate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Cache Creek hotels

Victoria, BC
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We had originally booked across the street at the Sandman Inn, and after seeing the room at the Sandman for $100 we went across the street to the Good Knight Inn that had a posted rate of $59 per night - we promptly cancelled the Sandman.

Really tidy rooms, mini fridge, clean and nicely renovated bathroom, free wireless internet...what more could you need for an overnight stay?

Tip: Don't expect the Hilton - you won't find that in Cache Creek.

Room Tip: Second floor is non-smoking.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have traveled and stayed at the goodknight inn on many occasions and during that time i have been given a clean well kept room at a very reasonable price. Also the staff have always treated me respectfully when i look back over the time i stayed there i have noticed a bad review on trip advisor at the begining of the season of the last two years. I am wondering why, when i have never had a problem staying with this hotel. Its always clean and friendly i suggest you checkout this hotel for yourself

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Dirty, low maintained, rude staff, but cheap. In Feb 2013 I phoned ahead to make a late-arrival reservation. No problem. When I got there at 1:00AM, I was given what seemed at first an adequate room, but after unpacking and getting ready for a shower, I noticed some towels were frayed and hairs in the tub. Being late, I overlooked that but when the shower water started pooling, I called the front desk. The clerk said this was normal and when I argued otherwise, he became belligerent and said this is what I get for late check in. I couldn't stay there so went to front desk for a refund and the manager came and started arguing with me. I asked for my money back, no go, but was able to negotiate 1/2 back. I left and went to the Cache Creek Inn which was 90% better, and had a good sleep, and shower.

Room Tip: Check bathroom for hairs in tub, towels not frayed, and remote on TV works before you check in. Oth...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Terrebonne, Oregon
Reviewed April 19, 2012

After driving from Terrebonne Or to Cache Creek the first day of our travel the Good Knight Inn was a god sight to see.
This hotel was the first hotel we saw coming into town. They were in a good location and the rooms were fine for staying a few hours before we began our next trek to Alaska.
The hotel is pet friendly, the beds were fine and the room was clean. It isn't a luxury hotel but it was a good price for the short time we were staying in it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ginger1921
vancouver, canada
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Dirty. That pretty much sums it up. My first impression was of a tired green carpet with a frayed, dirty runner on the ground and marked up walls that were in desperate need of a fresh coat of paint. On closer inspection, the edges of the carpet were white with dust about an inch deep. If you can avoid it, don't make the mistake I did and drop something under the bed; it will be lost to the dead bugs (I counted 4 at a glance) and dust. While the beds themselves were nicely made, and the sheets seemed clean, I would never go back here again. Especially after the staff mistakenly charged my credit card for 2 nights instead of one.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
goodknightinn, voluntier worker at Motel 6 Cache Creek BC, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Im happy to see you spent the entire night in our motel and mentioned the fact that our sheets were clean and beds made nice.I have to wonder though how our other guests who stay here only tell us about how clean,comfortable, and large are rooms are in comparison to the rooms they have stayed in at other hotels in cachecreek.However we are farely new owners of this the newest motel in cachecreek and are in the process of upgrading.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cache Creek
Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites-Desert Motel
Bonaparte Motel
Bonaparte Motel
#4 of 10 in Cache Creek

Been to Motel 6 Cache Creek BC? Share your experiences!