Shady Shores Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Shorewater Resort(Qualicum Beach)
View Hotel
Ocean Crest Motel(Qualicum Beach)
View Hotel
Buena Vista by the Sea(Qualicum Beach)
View Hotel
Westerlea Resort Motel(Qualicum Beach)
  • Beachfront
Casa Grande Inn(Qualicum Beach)
View Hotel
Sand Pebbles Inn(Qualicum Beach)
View Hotel
Qualicum Beach Inn(Qualicum Beach)
Lighthouse Motel(Qualicum Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewslog homeoystershot tubfront windowvancouver islandwatching sealsbedroom accommodationaunt and unclebig decktide poolslounge chairsgreat weekendfamily vacationthe cottagesthree nightsking salmoncomfortable beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2011

We originally rented the beach log home on the adjacent property but due to the large contingent of family we had to rent additional rooms at Shady Shores Beach resort which was conveniently located on the adjacent property. This gave us a wide range of accommodations giving those who wished private rooms right up to the more communal living of the large log home. The location was perfect. We were right on the beach which became the main focus of most of our rec time. We collected clams and oysters, which seemed to be almost inexhaustible. There were the tide pools with all sorts of life which gave the kids [ of all ages ] lots to do. We were also lucky enough to be there when a run of salmon was happening. We could see them jumping all over the place. The fish also brought a contingent of seals and eagles and of coarse fishermen. At night we had fires on the beach and I was amazed at the lack of annoying insects. Because we had rooms at both places we had access to all of the activities such as canoeing and kayaking along the shore,bocci ball, badminton and croquet to occupy our time. The kids loved Horne
Lake caves and Cathedral Grove while the rest of us golfed or shopped or both. We unfortunately didn't do any fishing although there obviously was good fishing right off the shore or we could have gone to the nearby marina to rent a charter. All in all the entire group of us 23 loved the place. Would highly recommend for any type of vacation. P.S. I love Trip Adviser for travel info but found that they did not give an accurate portrayal of the property and if we hadn't gone to their websites we would not have got the real story.

Room Tip: for complete info website
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2011

WE stayed the weekend for our birthdays. It was so sweet to have the hot tub on the ocean. What a treat to sit in the tub and look out at the ocean at 10 pm. It was so clean and perfect for what we needed. Wifi, cable tv and a fireplace. It was #3 of the executive suites and it was nice to hear the Ocean and see the ocean from the front window. Plenty of room for all of us and the Beach had so many seashells and fossils. Jan was so nice and friendly we felt very welcome and fully satisfied with the service. Nice and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2011

The owner was looking out from her window(She lives right next door) at most of the time just to check us out. We rented the big cabin which was nice but just no privacy!
You should make sure what kind of rules does she have before you book the place

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
PrincessTsunami, Owner at Shady Shores Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2011

Having the owner next door makes someone available for any concerns, or questions about the area, make tee times, book excursions, attend to hot tub, garbage, water safety issues....etc. Unfortunately my kitchen window faces the rental property and the sink is below the window. My time spent in front of this window is only to wash my own dishes. I'm deeply sorry if I inconvenienced you in anyway, however I do have to do my dishes, and if you truly believe that I have time on my hands to spy on people, I regret that you did not shut the curtains which are available on all windows and doors facing the Resort.

Reviewed January 9, 2011

I recently booked this property's large Beach Log Home for a New Year's getaway with a group of friends. It was fantastic. Really spacious cottage which can sleep up to 14 people right on the beach, nice big dining table which can seat your whole group and a hot tub overlooking the water. Pool table upstairs was a nice touch too. We really liked having enough space for people to gather or get some down time on their own, whatever their preference.

Property takes cash or certified cheque for the deposit and fees (no credit cards) - and mails your deposit back to you after you leave...I was a bit hesitant about this, but we received our full deposit back shortly after coming back home, so no troubles there at all. Overall, the manager was great to deal with - very accommodating, appreciated our business, and was attentive to checking on the hot tub chemicals, garbage/recycling bins, etc.

Price was reasonable too - worked out to about $120/person for a 2 night stay, which for a beachfront cottage with good amenities in high season, is a good deal.

Only suggestions for improvement, based on our love of cooking, would be for a few more kitchen supplies and an upgraded stovetop and BBQ. But those are pretty minor points relative to our overall fabulous experience.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2010

I went with my girl friend and we had a great time with everyone that was booked there. Loads of fun and very clean and cozy with a nice fireplace in my room.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends