Blue River Motel
Clearwater Lodge(Clearwater)
Wells Gray Inn(Clearwater)
Jasper Way Inn(Clearwater)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenseparate bedroomoff the highwaystayed herefew blocksthere is no air conditioningfantastic valueceiling fanlarge fridgequiet placelaundry facilities on sitesatellite tvdouble bedan overnight stayrecommend it to anyonesmall townlong drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I work for CN Rail and am on the road all over British Columbia. was treated like a second class citizen when I asked for the internet password. I was told that it was reserved for the winter customers not for the "crews". I am pretty sure when peak season in "Blur Liver" is over the "crews" that you rely on in the off season won't be there. I know I won't stay there again, and I will make sure I tell all the people I can about the shoddy service. Beds are like rocks, shower stinks, and the TV should be sent to the electronic museum. Spend the extra 20 bucks and stay at the Glacier.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Craig B
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We needed a stop-over on a drive from Whistler to Edmonton, this fit the bill. Clean, comfortable, quiet. Small room, nothing fancy, but had a fridge, microwave and kitchen sink, plus dishes. Heard a train whistle only once, very quiet location just a few blocks from the highway. Great price and great value.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I were on our way to Edmonton from Vancouver, but it was getting late so we decided to stay in Blue River. We wanted somewhere inexpensive to stay that wasn't completely disgusting. This was the first place I saw when I looked up motels on Google. For less than the price of a bad hotel room, we got a large room with a full kitchenette. Everything was very clean and the lady at the front counter was friendly. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tanai G
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I travel between Edmonton & Kelowna several times a year. This stop breaks up the trip. Kitchenette has a full size fridge & stove, microwave, better equipped than Valemont Motels at one third the price. Excellent place to stop

Room Tip: Bring your own food you have to drive to the nearest restaurant.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Larry N
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stopped in Blue River because it is mid-way between Edmonton and Vancouver. We were a little uncertain what to expect given the reviews, but it really is an excellent stop - and we say this after 10,000 km on the road on this trip. This has been the best value for money on the entire trip.

We took a large room, with a kitchenette and a separate bedroom. It is very clean with everything looking very new, and it is spacious. We enjoyed our stay here more than at any of the other motels and hotels we stayed in on this trip.

Yes, there are a couple of spots on the carpet but this is hard to avoid in a motel where the parking lot is just outside the door and people can accidentally spill things in the kitchenette.

We heard one or two trains in the evening, and none at night. This properties is a couple of blocks off the highway, which makes it a very quiet location.

We will be back, for sure!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple