“It's not as bad as some of the reviews.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Woodbury Resort & Marina
Ainsworth Hot Springs, Canada
“It's not as bad as some of the reviews.”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We have been coming to Woodbury for over twenty years now and wouldn't keep coming if some of the above reviews were true. Number 1, new owners did not take over, the same owners have owned the resort for well over twenty years. Yes I do have to agree the washrooms have at times been in need of cleaning but when parents let their young ones go unattened to the washrooms children have a way of messing things up. The permanent people that have leased lots all pitch in and keep the resort looking very nice. When there is a fire ban on, resort may still have camp fires. The food is always very good up at JB's as are the pancake breakfasts and other functions that are held at the Rec Hall. I hope this has cleared up a few of the untrues about the Resort.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Grammajoan2
Terry J, Public Relations Manager at Woodbury Resort & Marina, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. This is more to the truth of Woodbury. It is a great family resort with kids running and playing. But it is also a big kids resort with the pub and fishing ect. People have to know that this is a remote location, its not the big city. So come here for the rustic charm of it all and take in the scenery.
Thankyou, Managment

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Traveled the Kootenay's with an RV and this was the WORST place (by many miles!!) that we stayed at! There was a fire ban on, however it seemed every person in the RV area were burning camp fires. It was so smoky that our emergency venting system turned on. It was warm and we were unable to open the windows as we were unable to breathe.
To add insult to injury a local band was playing at the pub at the top of the hill and the music got progressively louder as the night went on. By 12:30 AM we had enough, disconnected our RV and made a run for it. We were so angry that had the gate been down I'm not sure we would have stopped!
The atmosphere of this "resort" (I use the term loosely, as 95% of the people there are permanent residents) was run down, loud, filthy. There was garbage at our camping spot and the last people used the fire pit to burn garbage!!!! Every nook and cranny of this joint had garbage, broken boats, scrap metal, etc. piled up.
Wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Laurinska
Very sorry you found our resort to be a nightmare. Most people like the fact that when there is a fireban, we can still have fires. It is such a part of camping. Half of our spots are permanent and those members take great pride in keeping their lots beautiful. The other half are rented out. JB's pub and restaurant does have bands from time to time and it contributes to a vibrant fun filled time for all campers and locals alike. We have requests on a regular basis to bring bands in. So again I am so sorry that you didn't enjoy yourselves. If you ever travel through again we would do whatever possible to change yur view of the resort.
Thankyou, Managment

Travelers are raving about these Ainsworth Hot Springs hotels

Chitose, Japan
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Cleanliness isn't a priority and neither is customer service at the Woodbury Resort and Marina. When we arrived at the cabin in the evening, the entire cabin was infested with flying ants. After several visits to the office we finally got "wasp spray and ant traps" and free firewood as compensation. We were told we could have another cabin, but nobody could find the keys to any of the other empty cabins. We stayed the night and would never return. In the morning under good light we saw how dirty the place was. It's not rustic nor adventurous to have used condoms on the floor in the kitchen. We walked to the beach and around the park. The children's playground looks like some Nazi torture device and there is a large brick oven in the middle of the camp that is at least 30 ft high and looks as if it is about to fall over and has bricks and garbage scattered around it. VERY DANGEROUS. I would recommend finding alternative camping or lodging. Do not let the pictures fool you. They are from 10 years ago when this place wasn't that bad. This place has a pool and a restaurant - I wouldn't swim there and I wouldn't eat there either!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank DarkLady10
Terry J, Public Relations Manager at Woodbury Resort & Marina, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We have a great staff at Woodbury and want to make all our guests feel welcomed. The summer these people stayed with us the whole valley was infested with flying ants. It was an exceptional season for them, not to be seen since. 2010 was a bad year for finding good housekeeping staff and we have since found a top notch crew.Our main building burnt down in 09 and the bricks were remnants that have since been removed. Our childrens play area is monkey bars and a swing not a torture device. If you look at our web site all pictures are new and updated. Thank you for your review and please know we are always making efforts to improve the resort.
castlegar
Reviewed August 8, 2010

If your going on a Kootnay Lake Vacation and you want to enjoy all it has to offer, Woodbury
has it. Show up with your suitcases, boat, camper, tent, fifth wheel, fishing rods, kids, dogs,
dirt bikes, ATV's. If you don't want to cook take the family up to JB'S for some fish and chips,
yum, yum. On the night we stayed they had live music(hard to find I might add when your
Camping). The pancake breakfast we had on Sunday morning was a re TREAT from
cooking and doing the dishes before we headed home(fed one semi adult and two fully active
children). The kids liked what the beach had to offer but the pool was far warmer. Everyone
was eager to help when we thought we lost a five year old boy. Turns out he was in the
ladies Loo doin' his business. Thanks to all...... Wife is too.....
QUINN G.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank adamCastlegar
What a great review. Thats the Woodbury we know and love. It's a safe place for families, with plenty of activities to keep everyone busy. Keep coming back!!
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2010

This was the worst campsite we have ever stayed at! I would not bath my dog in the showers, and would use the bush over the bathrooms!
I had called and made reservations for the August long weekend to stay one night at this resort as we were passing through on a family vacation. The extremely rude lady at the desk (owner) said, "soooorrryy" when I attemped to check in and said that they were full. When I pressed further she gave me the run around and must have said, "soooorrryy" 10 times before I spotted our name on her reservation book. Then she proceeded to tell me that they didn't think I was going to show. Why on earth woudl I call, book a site, give them a Visa and not show? Anyways long story we got a campsite.
There is a fire ban, but you would never know as people had campfires lit all over the park.
The washrooms were gross! No toilet paper in any stall the next morning at 8am.
We had drunk people fighting and carring on from about 10pm - 2am with noone to enforce the 10pm quiet time.
Honestly, I could go on and on.... One of the ladies in the washroom said that it use to be a decent place until about a yar ago when the new owners took over. I would never stay here again and would NOT recommend this resort.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
8 Thank samalash
Terry J, Guest Relations Manager at Woodbury Resort & Marina, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Sorry you had a bad experience. I can however say that your review is not the norm. And regarding the campfires, it is at the resorts discretion when a ban is on. I think most people love the fact that you can still have a fire here. Isn't that what camping is all about?
Coeur D Alene, ID
Reviewed August 26, 2009

We stayed in an A-Frame with a small kitchen and loft. Maintenence is not a priority at this "resort". There was a very musty smell and our cabin was not very clean. There were toenail clippings beside the bed and cobwebs in every corner. The bathroom looked okay until I closed the door and saw a wad of body hair hiding behind it. The kitchen had appropriate utinsels, but the pot I had planned on using to boil water for tea still had food particles stuck on the bottom (inside). The mattress was cheap and uncomfortable. I will say that we had clean towels and linens. I expected simple accomodations for the price, but it would have been nice if it had been adequately clean. We left after one night and they were kind enough not to charge us for it.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank BeckeJo
Very sorry about the cleanliness of your A-frame. It is so hard to find housekeeping staff here in the Kootenays and the summer of 09 was no different. We do however have top notch cleaners working here now that have made vast improvements. We hope that you will one day return and give us another try. Thankyou.
Armstrong
Reviewed July 18, 2009

It looks as though nothing has been spent on this resort for a very long time----the boat area is full of old scrap boats---the docks should be burned and all be rebuilt---the RV sites are cramped---you are sitting very close to your neighbor and your picnic table has your neighbor's septic hose running by it---the washrooms are dirty----I asked my neighbor to clean the windshield on his truck so that I could have a view of the lake they told me was there.---BUT the people that work there are great!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank arpenny
We don't want anyone to be disappointed with there stay. So we are very sorry. Would like to make it known that there is nothing but lake views at the resort.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
#3 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Ainsworth Hot Springs Guest House
Ainsworth Hot Springs Guest Hous...
#2 of 4 in Ainsworth Hot Springs

Been to Woodbury Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!