“Nicest of the bunch of commercial hot springs”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

This spring is the nicest of the commercial style hot springs. The main attraction is the caves. The caves offer a unique experience and magnify how the calcium in the springs grows into interesting formations.

Skip the restaurant, our room was nothing special and there is a really annoying illuminated cheesy sign in the swimming pool, cycling through luncheon specials, to water temperature.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank NickInTofino
Galeena_10, Director of Sales at Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thanks for your top rating on the hot springs. We're all about the water at Ainsworth Hot Springs, clean, refreshing and hot naturally! Visit our website for more details on mineral content etc. We appreciate all feedback from our guests and try to offer something for all tastes and budget, both in the restaurant and accommodation. We will do our best to indulge any guest's special request.

There are newer reviews for Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort

Reviewed September 15, 2012

We both enjoyed the pools. The caves were lovely and the view of the lake was beautiful. The hotel however wasn't thrilling. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. It was very dated however and I kept thinking that they could have something really great if only it wasn't straight out of 1982. The dining room also wasn't thrilling. The food was good but not great and the prices were quite high. We had breakfast of granola and an omelet and paid $30. Also, this is not a hotel for young people. By that I mean if you are under 40 you will be the youngest person there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa H
Galeena_10, Director of Sales at Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

It sounds like you enjoyed your visit, overall. That's what we like to hear from guests. With the completion of a million dollar renovation just this year, it was our intention to offer our guests the latest in design, decor, a/c and heating units, security room doors with keyless entry, a 24/7 uninterrupted power source able to sustain the whole resort in the event of a power outage, clean water to drink and bath in and much more. It is interesting to hear that not everyone appreciates the hard work and money that has gone into such a project as this. Room photos are shown on this site as well as our own website where one can make their own decision.
We thank you for your visit and sharing your own thoughts on decor.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

In our 10 or so years of visiting British Columbia and the Kootenay Region we always go to Ainsworth Hot Springs both for the pools and the restaurant.
Cost of entry to the springs is not particularly cheap and so I would urge you to arrive early to make the most of your day - a family of 4 ticket is around c$50.
This year we went again and it did not let us down - the pools and caves were wonderful and we had a fantastic time with our children simply relaxing and taking in the beautiful scenery.
After our time in the pool we visited the restaurant and whilst it is not exactly dining on a budget the food was great. The service though was even better and our server was supremely attentive and helpful.
As the title of the review suggests Ainsworth Hot Springs is a consistently great place to visit set in a spectacular landscape.
Incidentally, we have not stayed in the hotel itself and so cannot pass comment.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Worldscapetravel
Galeena_10, Director of Sales at Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

...so nice to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the hot springs. It is really helpful to get such feedback. Thank you for taking time to post your review, and for including us on your itinerary for a return visit. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

My sisters and I met and ventured to Ainsworth for a couple of days recently to visit another sister. We stayed right next door to our sisters house at Ainsworth Hotsprings Hotel. What a great Hotel !! the staff are so friendly , helpful and FUN!! WE met so many of the front reception staff and found not even one, to be unfriendly. It was a wonderful experience.
The rooms are very clean and our view of the lake was spectacular. BUT the BED!! ..I haven't had a great sleep like that in any hotel I've been in for a very long time. The rooms are quiet and tastefully decorated and the cleaning staff friendly and helpful. All in all , we had such a great stay.
The hotpools and caves were a big hit, everything so clean and again, friendly helpful staff.
Kudos to you all..

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor lake side, which is the same floor as the pool and caves and was extrem...
Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Betty_L0u
Galeena_10, Director of Sales at Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Your visit was a treat for us! Thank you for sharing your photos as well. Your comments will be shared and appreciated by all. Thanks so much for posting your review on this site. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed one night at Ainsworth Hot Springs as it was quite a pricey overnight trip!!! $200 for the night (which included the use of the pools that night until... only 9PM... (rather early considering there is NOTHING else to do when you're in the area) and again starting at 8:30AM. We love hot springs, so we couldn't pass up the visit to the pools which was great... It's kind of disturbing to see a baby's diaper leaking as she is walking away from the pool though,.. makes you wonder how much leaked into the pool, when every adult is required to have a "soap shower" before entering the pool... Other than this, We quite enjoyed the pools, We were in them for over 2 hours in the evening, but they were a little too warm to stay in without passing out in the morning. The rooms were clean, (which was a relief after the stay we'd had the night before in a dingey Motel room). Dinner was expensive... the wine smelled funny.. (tasted ok..) But I'd suggest just having your own wine in your room... our server was very attentive and provided excellent service!

Room Tip: We paid an extra $10 or $20 for a lakeview, which was probably worth it because when I peaked into t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Galeena_10, Director of Sales at Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

We value your comments and appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. Keeping the hot springs water fresh includes a 9-10 hour cleaning procedure which takes place four times a week during the late evening and early morning hours, hence the closing time of 9:30pm. The water is chlorinated, per Canadian Health Regulations, to insure the health and safety of guests. Chlorine content is checked several times daily and regulated to maintain an acceptable level. There's a continuous flow, so the water quality is quite good all the time.
We are happy that you had a good time and hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My first thought being from the kooteneys and with family living in kaslo was to stop in and have a nice vacation passing through. After deciding to eat I thought it would be good to get a room. This is when I had the misfortune of dealing with perhaps the most snide, rude and otherwise unpleasant front desk employee I have ever come across. It was at this point I decided a room was out of the question. I rented a room for half the price and with friendly people at the ainsworth motel. After getting that settled I rushed back to dinner with my wife and young daughter. I had the scallops and they were quite tasty, my wife had some mozza creation that was lacking in presentation and taste. When dinner came I had ordered a 30 dollar steak with added prawns and pepper corn sauce. The prawns and sauce were a $16 dollar extra cost. My wife had breaded pork medallions, after 3 bites of steak and 2 prawns which were horribly overcooked, along with the steak and the veggies that where rattles and raw I had enough. I told the server that we would be leaving and when I went to pay for the apps which we ate she had charged me for the entire meal which still sat on the table untouched and was told there was nothing she could do. I tipped her for doing a good job and left quite upset. My wife had all of 2 bites of her food and was too disgusted to consider eating it. Despite all of this and in the sort of making the best of a bad situation we decided to swim. The pool was nice and the caves where neat however the disturbing amount of spider webs nests and dead bugs hanging from every inch of the walkway was somewhat of a put off but we enjoyed the swim. After leaving I went back to ask if there was a store nearby and was told that at the ungodly hour of 8:45pm I wouldn't find anything open and was told that I am in the kootenays and that it should be expected. Now being from the kootneys and living here my entire life I was somewhat surprised to be hearing this explained to me in such a condescending rude manner. As for the dinner bill i have to wait until sometime tomorrow as the manager was unavailable. I wouldn't bother with the hotsprings myself and will certainly never be recommending this particular resort unless it is to say avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: August 2012
6  Thank franksarah
Galeena_10, Director of Sales at Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

We are glad you found the pool and caves neat, enjoyed your swim and tipped your server in the restaurant for doing a good job. An issue with a meal can and should be taken up with chef at the time, an option which was offered and refused. It is quite probable this guest's complaint could have been settled right then. Our manager does have an open-door policy, but it's not open 24/7. This unfortunate series of complaints has been well-documented and reviewed by management with further recommendations for dealing with difficult situations. We honestly try to do our best to offer great customer service to all our guests.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Ate dinner here before enjoying some relaxing down time in the actual Hot Spring. The waiter was FANTASTIC, actually we were so happy to finally receive good service. We sat right over the pool and it was lovely. The spring was very crowded but also so nice and relaxing. The cave was a great experience and especially for a reasonable price. Thanks!!

Room Tip: We stayed across the way at Ainsworth guesthouse, was beautiful and cheaper than the resort.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Galeena_10, Director of Sales at Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Your visit was certainly our pleasure! Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ainsworth Hot Springs
#1 of 3 in Crawford Bay
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
#3 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs

Been to Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort? Share your experiences!