“peaceful & relaxing great value for your money”

Mermaid Lodge & Motel
kamloops
“peaceful & relaxing great value for your money”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

My husband and I were celebrating our 5th anniversary. Our stay was enjoyable. Great hospitality, real people, friendly, if your looking for posh accomidations this is not your pick. If you are looking for a comfortable and at home type of stay this is your place. I would highly recommend this place to all of my friends and family.Wonderful view close to all attractions lots to see and do.

Kara and Gord Brown
Kamloops BC

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kgbrownKamloops

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Trail B.C.
Reviewed August 20, 2010

We had a wonderful stay and found them very accomodating. The view is wonderful from the balcony and very handy being next door to the hot springs. Looking forward to staying there in the winter time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aquilakuz
Elkford, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2010

This place was an awesome stay and excellant location to the hot springs. The staff were very friendly and kind. We were able to use the hot tub all night long.....best part.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mushy77
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Even though I paid to stay there, I slept in my car instead with my wife because it was disgusting and I did not feel secure. I would not recomend this place to anyone, the staff were rude and belittled my wife and I when we wanted to cancel our reservations. They DID not accept my CAA or give me 20% off they advertised. They charge a $5 cleaning fee in between nights at request but as far as I am concerned it was not clean in the first place. Over all it had a negative impact on my get-a-way with my wife:( DO NOT STAY THERE!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Ainsworth Hot Springs hotels

Derbyshire
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I booked at the mermaid with a little caution after reading some of the reviews on here, and went with an open mind. I have now booked again to go a second time this May, as all my fears from the bad reviews were completely unfounded.
What we found was a clean, friendly, family atmosphere, and a nice quiet night all at a great price. Having stopped 'Next Door' at the Springs hotel a few years ago, and payed over $100 for a view of the carpark, there is no competition in my mind.
Long may the Mermaid give great value and friendly hospitality to budget concious travellers that love that 'Special Location'

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank rngrng
N. Idaho
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Wow, most uncomfortable bed I have ever. in. my. life. slept. in. & I use the term "slept" very lightly. I would, however stay again, only because of the close proximity to the hotsprings. We literally opened our door, turned right, crossed the parking lot, and entered the hotsprings. The price was right, it was very shabby-chic, clean as it would get, and had a nice little balcony with views of the lake and mountains. The room did have a scent of stale smoke, although it was a "non-smoking" room, but I believe it was just old.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank idbarrelracer
BC
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Booked for a hockey tourney for 2 adults and 3 kids because on-line pictures looked "cottage-chic" and the price sounded reasonable. Upon arrival, we were told that in order to get the "group rate" we had been quoted ($68 + the additional charge, $8 each, per child), we would have to pay cash up front That would have been good information to have before arriving as the nearest ATM is at least 20 minutes away. The rooms proved to be much more "run-down" than "chic". I would question when it was last inspected by the Fire Marshall as the smoke detectors where not operational (many where held up with duct tape and some where simply not there). We stayed in a kitchenette room and where dismayed to find that it was very poorly equiped, in fact you had to "rent" a microwave by the day! Bathroom towels are "vintage", old and thread-bare. There were several notes on every wall and table explaining additional charges for every imaginable item: wifi - $5, having a pet in room - $8, pool towels - $10, failing to wash dishes before check-out -$5, House keeping - $$$$, failing to use a lint brush to clean up your pet's hair - $$$$, the list goes on. Even the hot tub is coin operated! The toiets didn't flush without many attempts, the shower leaked all over the bathroom floor, and the sink sprayed directly at you. The strangest thing we noted was the fact that there was actually a tip envelope for the houskeeping staff that you had to pay to tidy the room as it isn't included in your room rates. We usually prefer to stay in the "cheap" hotels/motels but this one is very sub-par and we still ended up paying over $100 a night when all was said and done. I would not stay at the Mermaid agian.

• Stayed February 2010
#7 of 10 in Nelson
Ainsworth Motel
Ainsworth Motel
#1 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs

Been to Mermaid Lodge & Motel? Share your experiences!