Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa
Ainsworth Hot Springs Guest House(Ainsworth Hot Springs)
TripAdvisor
Mermaid Lodge & Motel(Ainsworth Hot Springs)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsweight losslife changingbritish columbiagreat hikingreturned homesteam roomrancho la puertahot tubde stressinfrared saunadaily lifeeating habitssupportive stafffar exceeded my expectationsorganic mealsholistic approachlost lbs
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I went to Mountain Trek to hike and lose weight, but left with so much more! I am not exaggerating when I say that I feel like I got my life back. I, like more than a few others at the lodge, had been through a tough few years and between being stressed and sleep deprived I had gained over 25 pounds.

After only a few days of detox I felt not only my body starting to change, but my emotions as well. The staff was completely there for me at every turn. I did not expect to feel such changes so soon, but it was explained to me that it happens all the time with detox. Luckily the breakdown didn't last too long and the staff was there to push me to my physical limits. They somehow magically knew when to push me and when to let me take it easy.

We started the day off with a wonderful yoga class followed by breakfast before heading out on our hikes. The guides are incredible. I learned something new from each and everyone of them and I felt very well taken care of on the trails. There was a day or two that my feet were quite blistered and I couldn't hike as much as I wanted to and I was able to go with a group at a much slower pace and lower altitude. We still had a great day! There is a wonderful gym and spa to use if you are injured and can't get out on the trails.

I found the seminars after the hikes to be very educational and I have been able to incorporate many of the things I learned into my daily routines at home.

I happen to work at a top luxury hotel chain and I have VERY discerning eye for service and details. Mountain Trek not only met my expectations they exceded them.

Did I mention that I lost 15 pounds!

Thank you to everyone at Mountain Trek and the wonderful new friends I made for all of your support.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank travelgirl0605
Reviewed May 18, 2010

This place is transformational. The staff are highlly qualified and passiionate about their mission, which is to educate and motivate to achieve lasting life enhancement.

The program is tough, but I always felt safe. I knew I was in good hands. Out of 14 people during my week, at least 10 were repeat guests; what a testimonial.

My husband, who is a personal trainer and massage therapist, recommends I visit two to three times a year. I am going to follow his advice.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank Andrea619
Reviewed October 7, 2009

Mountain Trek never ceased to impress me! And with the amazing spa style food I never felt hungry or that I was cutting calories! There were so many guides per guest that I always felt cared for and that someone was there to meet my needs at ANY hour. Unlike other places that have upwards of 150 people per week, they just have about 18 rooms so we all got really personalized attention. And the HIKES! I've never seen such beautiful, natural surroundings. It's longer to get to this isolated shangrilla, but it's worth it. I'd go back again... and will... with my whole family!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank for_adventure
Reviewed September 12, 2009

My two-week stay at Mountain Trek was exactly what I needed. I lost 9 pounds (of fat) by following their FitPath plan. The food was really good in addition to being healthy. I ate less there than I had been eating at home, but it was "enough." I never felt hungry, even though I was exercising at least six hours a day. It was hard work, but very worth it. And it was fun.

The hiking was great. The scenery was beautiful, even on rainy days. I wasn't fast up the mountains, but I was steady. And whenever I felt unsure because of the physical or mental challenge of the terrain, the guides stayed with me and helped me through it. During my second week, I was doing much steeper/harder hikes--and the views from the top were our rewards. They challenged me to do things I would never have done on my own.

The best part of Mountain Trek was the staff--everyone was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. While they wanted us to have a good time and be successful there, they made a big effort to teach us what we needed to know to continue to be successful at home. I attended every organized talk on nutrition and stress management and asked lots of questions throughout my stay. The kitchen staff taught a cooking class and were happy to share recipes and tips. I know I learned a lot and have been able to make changes in my "real" life to continue my new, healthier lifestyle.

And housekeeping really did do our laundry everyday. That was fabulous.

At first, I was surprised they had no TVs, radios or newspapers. I did bring my laptop, but was encouraged to not turn it on too often. And initially, the rooms seemed a little small. But I caught on pretty quickly--this was time for me to focus on myself with minimal distractions and to live with just what I needed. I ended up having time to read an entire book and I slept much more and better than I did at home.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
8  Thank vlb28
Reviewed August 9, 2009

After 3 weeks at MT I felt like a different person. My endurance is better, I no longer crave junk food and am 23 lbs. lighter. Be advised this program is not for wimps and will test your physical and mental limits. If you follow the program you will undoubtedly see great results. The MT staff are top notch and they make every effort to make the stay enjoyable. The food is healthy and very well prepared. The accomodations are simple but very comfortable. Ultimately, you will reap what you sow. I think If you are spending the $$ plan on taking advantage of all aspects of the program. Downsides: After 3 weeks the hiking locations became redundant, a greater variety fof hiking locations for guests staying longer would be nice. The evening fitness classes were not all that interesting to me (perhaps that is a gender bias).

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo