Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ainsworth Hot Springs
See available hotels
Mermaid Lodge & Motel(Ainsworth Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort(Ainsworth Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Ainsworth Motel(Ainsworth Hot Springs)
View Hotel
Crawford Bay Inn(Crawford Bay)
Wedgwood Retreat(Crawford Bay)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewsweight losslife changingbritish columbiagreat hikingreturned homesteam roomrancho la puertahot tubde stressinfrared saunadaily lifeeating habitssupportive stafffar exceeded my expectationsorganic mealsholistic approachlost lbs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have been to Mountain Trek twice. The first time in May 2012 to Ainsworth, BC and the second time to Rancho la Puerta, Mexico in Nov. 2012. For me it was a life changing experience. For the first time in my life I pushed myself beyond my limits and am still reaping the rewards almost 2 years after my first visit.
I purposefully am writing my review after some time has elapsed because I wanted to see if my experience had long term effects. The answer is a resounding YES. I went into this very determined and dedicated and was expecting short term benefits, however I did not anticipate that everything I learned and experienced was going to stick for the long haul, but it has. Both facilities are world class, the food is spectacular and the nature hikes awe inspiring.This is truly a life changing experience and I can not recommend the retreat program and facilitators highly enough. The program seems a bit pricey at first glance but when you consider the life long benefits it is worth every penny. I managed to save up again and am planning my next visit and look forward to more progress and benefits.
The program really works!!!! Thanks to everyone involved. You all are very caring, knowledgable, motivating and inspiring.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank cheftravel
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Everything about Mountain Trek is great-the staff, location, food, rooms, massages, lectures and hikes. It was an amazng experience that I took home with me and carried on for good health. I look forward to going back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I attended MT in 2010 and more recently on the Peru trek to the Inca trail and Machu Pichu in 2013. these were both tremendous trips
Conincidentally, I am evaluating when I can go back. I think that is endorsement enough!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank spidergal
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Everything about Mountain Trek is great - the staff, location, food, rooms, massages, lectures and hikes. I felt nurtured and cared for while being physically challenged. It set the stage for continued health.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2014

While it has been a year since my visit to Mountain Trek not one memory of the pristine beauty and complete and utter solace of the experience has faded. Not only are you situated in a gorgeous chalet in the heart of what I believe is truly the most beautiful part of British Columbia, you are surrounded by peace and warmth and welcoming that is utterly unparalleled. I traveled to Mountain Trek by myself, which was very challenging for me to do as I'm nervous about new experiences to begin with! As soon as I arrived at Mountain Trek, though, I didn't feel one bit lonely. You are surrounded by some of the most supportive people when you're there - and it was the hardest thing for me to say good-bye to. The staff is incredible. They ACTUALLY care about you, and they're not paying me to say this. I have never felt so tended to, so nurtured, so supported, and so strengthened.

The hikes are hard, its true, but they're worth it. I was the only person in Group 4 (meaning I was the slowest) but instead of being pressured to keep up with a faster group I was given my own guide to lead me through each hike and to give me all the rest stops and encouragement I needed to succeed.

The food is incredible.

Some people have said that the rooms are kind of plain, but I thought my room was perfect. The fact that each person gets their own room, and their own washroom, is a huge selling point. It was wonderful to have my own space to retreat to after a long sweaty day. The beds are comfy and some of the rooms have doors that open out on the beautiful mountain scenery. The chalet itself is very modern, filled with warm wood features, and has a yoga/fitness center and spa just a few footsteps away. There is also an outdoor hot tub. I've never felt so much like a pampered star, having a massage and then heading to the hot tub for a nice warm dip while enjoying the light breezes, the hot sun, and the breathtaking surroundings. Oh, and the massages are a blessing - you won't know how much you'll appreciate them until after your first hike.

This review is a little all over the place, but I'll end it by saying this: if you feel tired of the daily grind of life, if your body needs some help to relax and move towards being strong again, if you want a break from taking care of everyone else in your life, and if you can afford it, go to Mountain Trek. Its not about the weight lost, its about the self found. You'll truly leave feeling like a different person. Also, if you can afford it, go for two weeks. I could only go for one and would have given anything to be able to stay longer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo