“Much much more than you would ever expect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The staff is awesome, the lodge and the surrounding area where the hikes take place is breathtaking, the lectures are captivating and the food is gourmet. I came here to lose a few pounds, which actually ended up to be more than 10 pounds, to kick start me to a new lifestyle. But more important I received a road map to future success. This included the realization that dietary habits can actually be successfully changed. I was at Mountain Trek in mid-May and while home I have had an increased energy level and am more focused. The hikes are challenging, but with 14 guests categorized into 4 levels, the guides inspire you along the way. Interestingly, most participants come as solo travelers. Don't decide not to go to Mountain Trek because it is a little off the beaten track. It is well worth the effort to come here.

4  Thank goodtimesJNJ

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have been to similar places and Mountain Trek did not disappoint me! First of all, it is in a very secluded but beautiful location. To get there you have to fly in to Spokane, WA and drive about 4 hours (they offer a shuttle) or fly into a local airport (Castlegar or Trail). The lodge looks like the pictures on the website. You get a great view of the Kootenay Mountains and Lake. It is nice to be in the yoga room or gym and look out to such great scenary. I went to rejuvenate and hike and continue my fitness regime and it didn't disappoint. There are others who arrive less than fit and the staff works with everyone to accommodate their needs and meet their fitness levels.

The day starts at 6 am with a wake up, a light protein shake then on to stretch class (you need it after hiking/exercising all day the day before). After an hour class you get to eat breakfast then either go hiking or have a one hour lecture on nutrition, stress, sleep, etc. I thought the lectures were informative but could have been captured in less than an hour ( I get inpatient !). The hikes usually required driving an hour to the trailhead. The first day was raining but surprisingly, I still enjoyed the hike. You will eat lunch on the trail, which always consists of soup. After about a 4 hour hike, you drive back to the lodge for either a lecture or time to clean up before dinner. Dinner is early at 5:15 and the biggest shock for me was working out 15 minutes after we ate! Believe it or not, none of us thought you could do this without hurling, but we worked out (and they were generally tough workouts) and we all enjoyed it and we didn't hurl! We actually felt great. It was a good way to burn off the dinner calories. After evening exercise class there was time for a massage, steam room, sauna and whirlpool. Off to bed at 10.

The bedrooms are small and I would say this was my biggest knock. However, you are almost never in your room so it really wasn't a big deal.

The food was overall very good. A few breakfasts were bland but almost all dinners were really good with many of us asking for the recipes to take home with us. They provide several in a booklet to take home with you.

The guides were all very nice and worked with each guests to ensure everyone had a good experience. My favorite was Kathy! Her hiking style was great and her interval class on Thursday evening was fun.

I would definitely return! It is a great way to disconnect, detox, improve your fitness level and I bet you will lose a few lbs while you are at it!

1  Thank Carync6
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Mountain Trek was on my radar for a few years before I finally went ( Snowshoeing Jan 2013 ) and I loved it SO MUCH, I came back again in May ! I only wish I had given myself the gift of going sooner instead of waiting so long. My expectations were exceeded by far -- beyond the daily physical activities and delicious low -cal cuisine , there is a powerful series of lectures that really helped me to understand how to take better care of myself ( and why it's so difficult to do so in this day and age ) There is also the support of the staff -- every single person there genuinely cares about your well-being. If you have been considering a trip to Mountain Trek, go NOW, don't wait, your body, mind and spirit will thank you for it : )

Room Tip: I didn't spend much time in my room but have been fortunate both times to get rooms with a small...
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This program is definitely as good as the other reviews say it is! I had the most amazing and unforgettable experience. I loved the guests as much as I loved the staff and the information was so helpful. There is definitely something special about the way they connect with people and make things so understandable and important.

The classes were fun and the hikes were……fun, yet challenging (don’t worry, you will do fine! Take it from someone who only hiked twice before coming!) Before I arrived, I wasn’t sure if I would be able to keep up. My concern was quickly banished after the first day, thanks to the friendly, supportive hiking guides and fitness instructors. I definitely struggled at times but the feeling that comes from making it to the finish line is all the motivation you need to change your life!

I have done so well since my return and have no desire to return to my old ways.

Thank you, Mountain Trek!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My winter week snowshoeing at Mountain Trek was exhilarating, exhausting, enlightening and pushed me way out of my comfort zone. And that is what I was looking for. The facilities are top notch, the staff is AMAZING, food is incredible, and that part of the world is absolutely beautiful. You work hard -- no doubt about that. And you are pushed to your limits so be prepared physically, that's for sure. I came away with a new sense of purpose in caring for myself physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. If you are ready to take charge of your life, DO IT!

Room Tip: Rooms are small and some have single beds (still VERY comfy). If it matters to you, check if a doub...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mhawkins5
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Everything about Mountain Trek exceeded my hopes and expectations. The staff was inspiring, the education was top-notch, and the scenery was gorgeous. This was a tough week, but at the end of it I was invigorated and so sorry I couldn't stay longer. I'm already planning a trip back next year.

A special note: Mountain Trek is fantastically well set up for solo travelers, which is so unusual and very much appreciated.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank GretelsFolks
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was looking for a program to kick-start my fitness and get my body back into shape; Mountain Trek did that and so much more. It actually over exceeded my expectations.

I have learned so much about nutrition, stress management, posture, fitness, detoxification, sleep management, etc. and also about how to integrate these new practical learnings into everyday life. The hiking trails were beautiful, the guides extremely knowledgeable and the food was really yummy. I came back home full of energy!

I highly recommend this program. Worth every single penny.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Izzy6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ainsworth Hot Springs
Hume Hotel & Spa
Hume Hotel & Spa
#1 of 10 in Nelson
Prestige Lakeside Resort
Ainsworth Hot Springs Guest House
Ainsworth Hot Springs Guest Hous...
#2 of 5 in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
#3 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs

Been to Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa? Share your experiences!