“An Essential Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa
Tenmile, Oregon
“An Essential Experience”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Everything about Mountain Trek exceeded my hopes and expectations. The staff was inspiring, the education was top-notch, and the scenery was gorgeous. This was a tough week, but at the end of it I was invigorated and so sorry I couldn't stay longer. I'm already planning a trip back next year.

A special note: Mountain Trek is fantastically well set up for solo travelers, which is so unusual and very much appreciated.

5 Thank GretelsFolks

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was looking for a program to kick-start my fitness and get my body back into shape; Mountain Trek did that and so much more. It actually over exceeded my expectations.

I have learned so much about nutrition, stress management, posture, fitness, detoxification, sleep management, etc. and also about how to integrate these new practical learnings into everyday life. The hiking trails were beautiful, the guides extremely knowledgeable and the food was really yummy. I came back home full of energy!

I highly recommend this program. Worth every single penny.

2 Thank Izzy6
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Mountain Trek has it all. Attention to detail. Tailored to each individuals needs and levels. My week at Ainsworth Hot Springs/Nelson area will last beyond any Spa/Vacation, it has become a new lifestyle.
I am deeply grateful to the staff of Mountain Trek.
Do this because you deserve the best experiences life has to offer.

Room Tip: The rooms are cozy.
2 Thank molliebnelson
Stirling, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2012

On October, 19, 2012 I completed a week at Mountain Trek in British Columbia, Canada. It was a week of clean eating, hiking, healthful education and fitness. I learned a lot about eating, sleeping, detoxing, fitness ... and especially about myself. The Mountain Trek team is extremely knowledgeable and caring. The scenery is beautiful, the environment is positive, and the knowledge that I brought home is abundant. I would highly recommend Mountain Trek for anyone wanting to restart or kickstart healthy living in a fun and informative setting.

2 Thank Rosanna H
Nelson, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2012

THIS WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!! I just got back from Mountain Trek and I'm feeling like a totally new person - healthier, happier and with enough useful information to stay that way. If you're like me (sugar-loving, out of shape and aging fast), you need to do this. It's not an easy program - LOTS of exercise - but it's the best thing I've done for myself and I feel it's worth every penny. Great food, great staff, beautiful location!

4 Thank Tony G
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I just returned from a week at Mountain Trek...one of the hardest and most challenging things I have done.....and I have done a lot! I was looking for someplace to help me loose 10 pounds but also to help me change my eating and sleeping patterns. I have been to Rancho La Puerta, Canyon Ranch and many other spas, they are all great, but I needed something that would help me really change my lifestyle. I found it. Kirkland and his staff are so bright, fun, supportive, nurturing and most of all inspiring. The hikes were incredible, the food fabulous, the lectures on nutrition and wellness were so smart......I cannot say enough praises about this program. It has changed my life. I will be back next summer leaner and stronger......and hiking in Group A! Ann

Room Tip: They are all great!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ann D
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was easily one of my top vacation experiences - the locale was breath taking, the guides and staff skilled, nurturing and knowledgeable and most importantly the program itself was holistic. It addressed both mind and body to stay fit and provided very useful tips to take back home. This was the catalyst I was looking for and the transition to the 'real world' has been transformative - I move more, eat less, sleep better and feel more alert ant and more rested than I have in years!

Even though it was August, the trails were covered by a canopy of trees and the clean mountain was invigorating and did not make it uncomfortably warm.

The food was both delicious and nutritious - the portions were small but adequate and none of us felt hungry. On the contrary, as 'volume' eater, I was delighted to learn how much less I need to eat when I thought of food primarily as fuel. They do feed you all the the time with small snacks (creative and yummy - protein and fruit/veggies) so you never really go hungry. Again, a great take away for me when I got back home.

I've ben struggling with yo-yo diets and weight loss programs including personals trainers for the last several years. This program brought it all together and its worth every penny. Only advise, do pay attention to getting the right hiking shoes and socks - they are well worth it.

Room Tip: As far as I know, the room does not matter - all you do in the room is to have deep restful restorat...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cloudside Hotel
Cloudside Hotel
#4 of 10 in Nelson
Ainsworth Hot Springs Guest House
Ainsworth Hot Springs Guest Hous...
#2 of 5 in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
Mermaid Lodge & Motel
#3 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs
Prestige Lakeside Resort

Been to Mountain Trek Fitness Retreat & Health Spa? Share your experiences!