“Holidays”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Vermilion
Prince Albert
“Holidays”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Price was reasonable, pool was ok, a little cold. Staff was awesome, we had a toilet overflow shortly after we checked in and when I reported it the staff remedied it in a timely fashion.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Earl S, General Manager at Super 8 Vermilion AB, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of Super 8 Vermilion. I am glad our staff wsa able to help you with your problem.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We booked this hotel several weeks prior to our visit which was to be for the 9th and 10th of August and did this through the hotel directly. Just prior to leaving, we needed to add on the 8th. For some reason I called Central Reservations for Super 8 only to be told that the hotel was fully booked. I decided to call the hotel directly and I wish I could remember the name of the lady that I spoke to. She was amazing. She did tell me that the hotel was booked up for the 2 queen beds with kitchenette so I could not get the same room type for the Thursday. I told her that I did not ask for a kitchenette; she told me that we had been upgraded. I asked if we could book a different room for the one night. She patiently went in to the system and then asked if we needed 2 queen beds and, if not, she could put us in a single queen bed with a kitchenette for all three nights at the same rate that we were originally quoted for the two queen beds (no kitchenette). Our original plans had changed so that the two beds were unnecessary. Throughout the whole transaction, she was very patient and did her best to accommodate what we needed.
We had been concerned after reading reviews on Trip Advisor, that the pool and Jacuzzi had been closed for some time. Those facilities had recently reopened so we were pleased about that. There is a water slide. The Jacuzzi is fairly large but the sign requests a maximum of 5 or 6 people at a time. The water temperature in the Jacuzzi was very warm but not so hot to be unbearable. The pool was a little cool for me but was enjoyed by other people who were there.
The exercise room seemed to have adequate equipment which we did not use.
Both the pool and exercise rooms are stocked with towels. There is a bathroom and changing room in the pool area. Both of these rooms are beside each other and accessible with your room key. There are some tables and chairs in the pool area so you could just go there to relax and read although it does echo quite a bit in there and make it quite loud.
The room that we were in was well maintained and very compact. The kitchenette is very small but all that we needed, with a mini fridge, microwave, 2 burner stove top, toaster, dishes, bowls, cutlery, a single serve Keurig coffee pot and an assortment of 3 Kcups (reg and decaf). I left a note for the housekeeper asking for a couple of extra Kcups and sugar and they were waiting for us when we got back. Probably could have asked at the front desk but it was not needed in a hurry.
The bed, bedding, and pillows were all very comfortable. The towels were well stocked for 4 although there were just the two of us. The housekeeper had supplied us with extra shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and little bars of hand soap and bath soap.
After our first night, the housekeeper replaced all the towels and face cloths that we had used, even the ones that we had hung up feeling that not every towel needs to be replaced. She also added a couple of extra shampoos etc. even though it was not necessary. The next night, the housekeeper did not replace the towels that were hanging up and did not fill up the towels to the 4 of each that we had originally. So, it made me wonder what their policy is about that. It was not an issue, as we did have all that we needed.
The breakfast area is a bright little area just off of the lobby. There is not a great deal of seating area but we did not have a problem getting a table when we went down to eat. It is a small but adequate breakfast including two kinds of cereal (Fruit Loops and Raisin Bran), packages of oatmeal, yogourt, bread (including my favourite Raisin Bread), apple and orange juice, bowl of fresh fruit (usually oranges, apples, and sometimes bananas), individually wrapped muffins, coffee and tea. I heard that they will soon have a waffle maker but it had not arrived while we were there. If hard boiled eggs were added, that would be a good thing.
Overall, we were very happy with the staff and the facilities of this hotel. There is lots of parking. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel (Nicks). There is an A & W in the parking lot and a KFC and pizza place across the street. You are within walking distance to the main street and a Co-op grocery store.
My advice on booking; call the hotel directly. They were most helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Earl S, General Manager at Super 8 Vermilion AB, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you very much for writing such a detailed review of Super 8 Vermilion. I am glad you received the level of service you deserve. Our hotel is quite busy and we do book up fast, so we usually close the hotel to online bookings on our busier days, as to avoid the chance of an overbooking. So we do encourage our guests to book directly with the hotel.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in August as part of a wedding group. Check in and service were quick and efficient. Rooms were clean with updated decor, having been recently renovated. Our room was at the back and there was no noise except other guests coming and going. Another guest had dogs that barked in the hallway at 5am. Not sure if there is a section for pets that could have avoided this annoyance. Beds were very comfortable with full size pillows. Our first floor room had a LCD TV, fridge, MW, coffee maker and hair dryer. Although there were no in-room ironing facilities, we were able to get an iron and mini-board upon request. Good breakfast and supper at the Nick's restaurant attached to the hotel. Hotel's continental breakfast was basic with tea, coffee,fruit, toast, yogurt, etc.. A&W and Tim Horton' are next door. Pool with waterside is a slightly on the chilly side but people were swimming without complaints. We had about 8 adults who fit comfortably in the hot tub. Some in our party requested and got later checkout beyond 11am. I would definitely stay again if in the area. Some rooms on 1st floor have external doors which would be a nice option. Staff was friendly.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Earl S, General Manager at Super 8 Vermilion AB, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write up a detailed review of Super 8 Vermilion. We were very happy to have wedding group stay with us.

Been to Super 8 Vermilion AB? Share your experiences!