Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
$49
Econo Lodge Taber(Taber)(Great Value!)
$53
Comfort Inn(Lethbridge)
$87
Chinook Motel(Lethbridge)
  • Restaurant
All reviewson arrivalgreat value for moneybaconwafflesdamagetankhighwayhockeybrandmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Good: This hotel is nice - rooms are clean, bedding is fresh. There is a great garden atrium with plants, trees, a fish pond and a hot tub. We visited the hotel lounge, and the service was fine.

Bad: High-speed internet did not work in the rooms; I had to sit in the corridor to check my email. Room was freezing when we entered and took several hours to warm up. Front desk service was weak (see below).

Our experience at this hotel began poorly with the front desk agent. As we walked in - before greeting us - she told us that the restaurant was closed but if we still wanted food we could go to the lounge... her tone was rude and off-putting. When I asked if she had hotel rooms, she said "oh, yea we do". She used a very condescending demeanor toward me. I am 23 years old, and she acted as though I was broke and was planning to trash the place when in fact I am well-traveled. I asked her what the rate was, and she said "do you have a Visa card?", with a tone that suggests she thought I did not. When she refused to give us the rate I had seen advertised on the website ($15 less than what she said the best she could give us was), we left and went to another nearby hotel and used their WiFi signal to book rooms at the Heritage Inn. We returned 10 minutes later, and she took about 20 minutes to process our request. First, she said that since we had made it online, it would take some time to process and she left the desk and went to a computer in the office behind presumably figuring out our booking. This she implied, of course, was our fault for booking online when we could have booked in person 10 minutes earlier but paid more. The phone rang and she handled the entire call (about 5 minutes) while we stood there waiting for what should have been a quick procedure. Finally, she told me in her condescending tone that there would be "a $200 charge for incidentals, per room, applied to my visa now and refunded in the morning". I said "you mean like in a regular hotel?!" - of course I was being sarcastic, but I was tired of being treated like a poor, no-good young person.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We stayed in the older wing of the hotel. Rather a run down feel however new section appeared decent. We were travelling with two dogs so didn't expect the best room in the house. Breakfast not included in rate. Overpriced for type of accomodation but what is one to expect in Oil Country

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Though I've been spoiled by new bedding programs in other hotels, this hotel was quite comfortable. The room was quite large. We had a King Suite and I think it may be my favorite layout for a hotel room. The bathroom area is actually near the entrance and not right beside the bedroom area. Though this closeness would have its moments of convenience, I enjoyed the areas separate.
It was quite room in our room, and the windows did not open as they were exposed to the convention area. It was a nicer view than if we had taken a room on the other side of the building, however. The air conditioner did work, which was a blessing.
The restaurant area is wonderful. The selection of food is very appealing and the meal we ordered was mouth-watering. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2010

We stayed in what they called their King suite, The best in the hotel I was told. The room was hot Thermostat was set at 10 and the windows didn't open. Called down but nothing was done. The bed was harder then the floor and my wife ended up sleeping on the couch. finally at 5 am I couldn't take it any more and we left. Desk clerk said sorry but didn't seem concerned. I emailed the GM and was told that he agreed the bed was bad and that he would ask the "higher ups" if he could buy a new mattress for that room, he also said the hotels heating system was set wrong. He offered for me to come back "and be tortured again?"

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2009

My only complaint is that this place was over priced. The room was ok, but had a ant trap from the late 80's in the corner and all the corners of the room hadn't been cleaned for a while. The restaurant is good.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple