“Will not return!”

Sawmill Prime Rib & Steakhouse-Stony Plain
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Stony Plain
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: With beautiful decor, a new facility and award winning food, The Sawmill Prime Rib & Steak House is pleased to be serving the tri-municipal area of Stony Plain and Spruce Grove in Alberta. The perfect atmosphere for any occasion, from casual, corporate to formal events, nestled within a corridor of lodging accommodations and with direct access from highway 16A, the Company continued its modernizing restaurant vision of providing guests with comfort and relaxation through extruded wood and art finishes while accenting the surroundings with modern day design features reflected within the seating, lighting and architectural footprint.
Drayton Valley, Alberta, Canada
“Will not return!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went to the Sawmill last weekend will not be back, there was four of us in our dinner party, I had the chicken Neptune and it was so unbelievably salty I wasn't able to finish my meal, my mom had the chicken chop and again extremely salty, the garlic mashed was all salt, the only thing that wasn't left after finishing our meals was the steak, that was fairly good. The one girl running around, I don't think was a waitress maybe a bus girl but she was employed there, her skirt was way to short every time she would walk by she was having to pull it down it didn't look comfortable for her at all. Our waitress was very pleasant throughout our meal I was very impressed...until it was time to pay. She gave me the bill at the station you pay at and while I was looking at the amount she said, "oh that's not including gratuity either." I was put off by that comment and I pulled out $170 dollars cash and she counted it, then looked back at me and said, "is that enough for you" I felt like she was calling me cheap, I took back a $10 bill and gave her a $20 instead, so she received a $24 tip. I wish I could remember her name, because I would love to chat with the manager about this experience.

• Visited July 2013

“Consistently great food! Manager listens to customers!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Food was fantastic! On a previous visit we explained that we weren't fond of the flavor of the butter served with the seafood. The manager assured us that he would look into it and he did! So awesome that he has addressed our concern and the butter served with our lobster was fantastic tonight! Really appreciate the excellent service that we receive at this location! Top notch!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lisa L
Princeton, BC, Canada
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The best meal I have had in a long time, and we were a group of 11 so it may have been a challenge to the serving staff. From the time we walked in the front door of this restaurant we were treated great, the building was clean and up to date with a great ambiance for visiting with old friends. The staff was very helpful all along the way with the exception of some issues with what went on whose bill, which we as customers sorted out amongst ourselves..
My only complaint and the one that will stick in my mind when considering eating at this restaurant again will be the automatic addition of a "service charge" to your bill, without any consultation or prior notice. I am a person who tips well most times, but prefer to be the one who makes the decision as to how much or to which staff member.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Bill V
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Food Great Service”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The ambiance was quite unique and its a great place to take your significant other or your family. It has a welcoming atmoshere for all to share. I particularily liked the dinner for 2. As I could share this with my two kids...this was more than enough food for all three of us. I would highly reccommend this place if you want a great steak with a wonderful loster tail. We will be back within the next couple of weeks as my kids are begging me for more delious food.

• Visited April 2013
Stony Plain, AB
“Expected More”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The service was very slow...we waited almost 45 minutes for our entree. I have worked in the business for 20 plus years and I know what is acceptable and what is not. There was no apology from the server .... at least we would have know that someone actually cared.

• Visited April 2013