“Affordable and clean hotel with friendly staff”

Travelodge Stony Plain
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Stony Plain
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Close to West Edmonton Mall, so great location for shopping. Easy access in and out of hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 19, 2010

We have been coming to the Travelodge at Stoney Plains Road in Edmonton for the last more than 2 years.

We would like to make special mention of Mary Cabanding - she is so friendly and accomodating that it is because of her that we keep coming back.

We would also like to say that the management of Smitys is also very nice and friendly.

This is really one friendly hotel... and this means alot to anybody who is travelling.

Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank victor_gamboa
Reviewed March 28, 2010

We were running late on our way into Alberta, so we didn't have the opportunity to take advantage of the pool, but our room was clean and quiet, and we got a great night's sleep. The staff were friendly, and very accommodating when one of our children had a delayed carsickness reaction in the middle of the night. The continental breakfast was good, including all of the usual items you'd expect. All in all, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank geobeck
Reviewed July 26, 2009

my children live in Stony Plain and I usually stay at the Travel Lodge b/c its close to them and I like that it is very well maintained and clean.
This last visit I had reserved to stay for 2 nights and I had an unexpected emergency come up and i had to go home to Medicine Hat. The "lady" at the counter was rude and didnt even ask why i needed to check out.......only rudely stated...."well you reserved for 2 nights and you have to pay for them" With the state of mind I was in....I didnt dispute and took out my debit card to pay. " its already paid for" in a very sarcastic tone. There is more about how rude she was and to top it off......I never got a reciept from her to show that i even paid for this.
I will not be staying there anymore .

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank MomD8588
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Our whole extended family attended a family wedding over the weekend, booking out 10 rooms in the hotel.
The staff were great, allowing us the use of the breakfast room instead of us having to use one of our rooms to visit with each other. For some, this was the first time they had seen their cousins in 10-12 years! We did have a tendency to spill out into the lobby and I am sure the younger kids monopolized the pool.
Cleanliness, timeliness and overall friendliness was great. The breakfast had a lot to offer and the fruits and pastries were fresh.
High speed internet access allowed me to post pictures immediately to other family members. The fridge in the room meant milk and fruit were available at all hours to us.

Special thanks to Kayla for all her help and understanding!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank autumn_moon_88
Reviewed November 21, 2008

I have stayed at Travelodges all over, this was the best by far. I agree with the other reviewer, this hotel is under-rated by far. Probably a 4 star, and only a 4 because of the bargain price, 5 stars are usually $300 plus. For $120, we got a suite. When we arrived in the lobby, I felt under-dressed because everything was pristine like we walked into a palace. The front clerk was very cheerful and welcoming, and the 4 other hotel staff and housekeepers are all very smiley and friendly. I enjoyed the way they seemed to have fun, laughing and joking like they were good friends and enjoyed being there, and even with complete strangers like ourselves. The kids spotted the very clean pool, and we enjoyed the hot tub. We walked into the room, a suite, large flat panel LCD t.v., king sized bed, and a very nice pullout for the kids with their own t.v.. Everything was spotless, and I have never seen (brand new) his and hers slippers waiting on the bed before.
When we were looking up some touristy stuff, the front desk clerk took out time from her day to talk to us about things to do around the area, shopping and etc.

In the morning, we were greeted by a large and complete continential breakfast with many choices, although we didn't eat anything because we had prior personal plans. But it looked great.

After we had checked out, I could not believe what a great deal we had gotten on this hidden little gem of a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank canuck9876
Reviewed September 21, 2007

After staying at hotels in Edmonton which were rated at 3 and 4 star I was not looking forward to the 1 1/2 star Travellodge in Stony Plain, what a pleasant surprise I was in for. It was very clean and tidy, my room was well eqipped, the staff were very welcoming even though I arrived quite late, there was a pool ( small but still very nice to use) and the continental breakfast was just the job, setting me up for the day ahead. I have relatives in Stony Plain so will no doubt be using the hotel again and would not hesitate to recomend.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Spruce Grove
Motel 6 Stony Plain, AB
Motel 6 Stony Plain, AB
#2 of 4 in Stony Plain

Been to Travelodge Stony Plain? Share your experiences!