“Another good experience!”

Motel 6 Stony Plain, AB
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Stony Plain
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We have been staying here for several years when we pass through Edmonton. It is expensive for a Motel 6 (just under $100 for two), but the location is very convenient. There is a Boston Pizza and Tim Horton's next door, so there is nothing more that you could ask for in a location. The hotel now serves breakfast, but I could not resist Tim Horton's. Very clean room!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 16, 2013

y husband and I took a mini vacation for a weekend trip to Edmonton and decided on staying here. The rooms were small but clean, we had great service at the front desk and for the price of the room we also got a small continental breakfast. You don't get any shampoo, blow dryers, kleenex or hand lotion, but why pay an extra $70 or $80 a night for that, just bring it from home. I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Arriving late from Mexico, in Edmonton, and traveling to Grande Prairie, we opted to overnight at the Motel 6 again. Driving 20 minutes from the EIA rip off zone, saved us $50. This motel, with the AMA discount came in, with taxes under $100. Nothing fancy, very clean, small but ergonomic room, spotless bathroom, comfy queen bed, easy friendly check in. Decent breakfast. Good places to eat nearby. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Just show up, we did.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Although this is an economy hotel, it was clean and decent and worth staying here.
The breakfast was respectable, plenty of food and a good variety of items. I like the bathrooms of the hotels I stay in to be clean, and this one was. Although I would have appreciated some shampoo and conditioner to be included.
We will for sure stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed at Motel 6 at the end of July 2012. The room was nice and clean, and the price was reasonable. If you're expecting to have amenities in your room you have to think again. Any amenities have to be asked for at the front desk: iron, iron board, shampoo etc, blow dryer. Not sure if this is due to theft or just that some people prefer their own brand of shampoo etc. First front desk clerk was not that helpful but other staff the next day were great. Basic continental breakfast. If you're looking for a basic, reasonable priced motel just outside of a big city, this might be one to look at.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband, my son and I stayed at this hotel for the August long weekend. The hotel is well maintained, but very basic in amenities, especially for the room rate. I have never stayed at a Motel 6 before so I was disappointed with the lack of amenities in the room. We were a family of 3 so the 2 double size beds seemed small. The TVs are old and placed high on the closet. I really missed not having an in-room coffee maker! There were no hair dryers, kleenex or shampoo/conditioner in the bathrooms (shampoo available from the front desk). We did welcome the mini-fridge though and the hotel did offer a continental breakfast from 6-10am.
My other complaint is, on one of the days, I returned to my room after housekeeping had been there to find my door was left adjar. I trust that hotel staff will keep my belongings safe and they should have checked to make sure my door was closed tight before moving onto the next room. I complained to the desk clerk, she apologized and said the housekeeper had a sore neck!! Huh? I don't think I will return to this hotel and I will think twice about reserving at any Motel 6 in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2012

......My wife and I arrived, no reservation, got a good room at a good price,,,, under $80...
Small, clean, spartan and quiet. Decent bed, no complaints bathroom.
The front desk was very helpfull and pleasant....... Good location, lots of eatery's near by, brand new car wash just behind.......
No breakfast, just coffee.....
Great for night!

Room Tip: Make your pitch..
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Spruce Grove
Travelodge Stony Plain
Travelodge Stony Plain
#3 of 4 in Stony Plain

Been to Motel 6 Stony Plain, AB? Share your experiences!