“works for me”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in St. Paul
Edmonton, Alberta
“works for me”
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I have avoided staying in St. Paul for a number of years. I stayed at the Super 8 years ago and remember that it was fine but was worried that it may have declined over the years. I was pleasently surprised. Check in was smooth, they had fresh cookies (I love those) and popcorn was on as well. The room was good - four great pillows on each bed - a little overkill for one person - but cozy! Breackfast was good as well with lots of choice. I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Dharmaloo
, Manager at Canalta St Paul, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
Thank you for the nice review. At the Super 8 in St. Paul we are always happy and delighted when we can surprise one of our guests with our hospitality. We hope to see you again. Call me toll free at 1-866-866-0688 for any future reservations you may need to make, I would be happy to help you.

Cindy Geertsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 3, 2010

A standard Super 8 experience. Clean premises and free continental breakfast. Fast check-in and check-out service.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
, General Manager at Canalta St Paul, responded to this review, October 22, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to submit a response on trip advisor. We appreciate your feedback, please know that we pride ourselves in having excellent customer service and providing each guest with a very comfortable stay. Thank you for choosing the Super 8 in St.Paul we look forward to your return. Please call us toll free at 1-866-866-0688 for any future reservations you may require, we would be happy to help you.

Kindest Regards,

Cindy Geertsen
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 5, 2010

First time at a Super 8 that I can remember. If I’ve stayed at one before it was at least 20 years ago on a road trip across the US. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I don’t stay in too many fancy hotels, but since I do spend about 120 nights per year in hotels, so I have lots of opinions and expectations. The king room was very big, it had a ½ fridge, desk, flat screen TV, two side chairs and a small coffee table. The room was clean and comfortable. The only downsides of the room, a very very small bathroom. You had to shut the door every time you went in otherwise you could not use it. And the heater worked but was a little clunky, it warmed the room but it took a while if you turned it off during the day. Granted it was about 15-20 F. Rooms had wired internet and the lobby wireless, but if you were in the right room you got the wireless (I was in 304) and it worked. There was also hot breakfast. Waffles, oatmeal, toast tea and coffee. It was nice but after 4 days got a little boring, but not their fault.

When I go back I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Calgary, AB
Reviewed October 30, 2008

The pool/hot tub/waterslide was lots of fun and the water warm. rooms are cozy/clean and breakfast with lots of variety. One of the better super 8 hotels.

Stayed October 2008
Edmonton
Reviewed October 28, 2008

Because the Manager WAS the bad service.

We stayed here for a wedding... we booked months in advance because it is a small town, only to get there and find out our non-smoking rooms were given away. The clerk was rude... no apologies for their mix-up, and when we asked to speak with the Manager... she replied... "that would be me".

Over priced for a town with nothing to offer.

• Liked — Newer
  • Disliked — Level of Professionalism from Manager was non-existent
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Yodullz
St. Paul, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2008

Good pool and waterslide the rooms were alright.

• Stayed April 2004, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)