“Disappointed”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in St. Paul
Edmonton, Canada
“Disappointed”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel three times, and I have only had one good experience with their customer service. My first stay was on Dec 12, 2012. I came in around nine and the girl was very helpful. I was extremely tired and she had me in my room very quickly. She must have been working at this hotel for awhile because she answered all of my questions. I called down for an extra blanket, and she brought it to me right away. Great customer service! Sometime during the night, I woke up to a disturbance in the hall and called down to the front desk. There was no answer. The next two times I stayed there I was checked in by the same guy who seemed to think his phone was more important than serving me. On one of those nights I came down to ask for a wake-up call but there was no one at the desk. It was about eleven thirty. Finally after waiting about ten minutes, I realized that the lady was outside smoking. When she came in she looked so unprofessional!!! I think that this hotel would be great if the staff stayed off their phones and if they are going out to smoke they should leave a note. Also everyone should wear business attire.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CindyGeertsen, General Manager at Canalta St Paul, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Please accept my apologies on behalf of myself and my team here at the St.Paul Super 8. We always want your stay with us to be the best it can be. I appreciate and value your comments. All of the issues you have made me aware of will be addressed immediately. I hope when you return these problems will not occur again. Again, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to inform me about your stay with us. We hope if you are back in our area you will give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me toll free at 1-866-866-0688 for all your reservation needs. I would be happy to help you. Take Care and we shall look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
LAC LA BICHE
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Making the reservation was easy. The follow up was great. It was onvenient and I didn't have to call back to check or get confirmation; it was delivered to me. Smiles on arrival, a complimentary dinner. Friendly guests who are obviously accustomed to the good service and each other...frequent visitors I should think. Quiet, clean, comfortable, and friendly! What more could you ask for? It just felt good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

CindyGeertsen, General Manager at Canalta St Paul, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for the nice review. Very much appreciated. I will share your review with my team so they can see that their hard work does pay off. I am also glad you were able to enjoy us on guest appreciation night. When you are sometimes staying at hotels people often get bored. It is a nice night to have dinner and mingle with other guests. Oddly enough you sometimes find that you and another guest may have a mutual acquaintance. How truly small the world we live in really is. Take Care and Have a Great Day. We shall look forward to your return.
St. Albert
Reviewed November 24, 2012

It's alway's a great place to stay even though I'm getting tired after 43 year's on the road. There are area's that I do not appreciate to travel because of lack of great accomodation's like the Super 8 in St. Paul.They work hard to keep the place running like a 5 Star Motel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

CindyGeertsen, General Manager at Canalta St Paul, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for posting a review. We appreciate and value your comments. We hope you have to continue travelling in our area for another 20 years. (Only because we think you and your wife are wonderful guests). We look forward to your return and it is always our pleasure to serve you. As discussed you probably won't be back before Christmas, so Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.