“Great staff”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in St. Paul
SHERWOOD PARK
“Great staff”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

They make the difference and I enjoyed my stay

Note
I'm filling g this survey on my IPhone and the survey is too wide for my screen
Hard to complete properly

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

CindyGeertsen, General Manager at Canalta St Paul, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey. We appreciate your input. You made a good suggestion that we can put forward to have the survey compatible with an I Phone. It most certainly is becoming the way we all stay connected and do our daily business. As you know you can also email hotels when you require a room. We look forward to your return. (Try to make it back on Wednesday's so you can enjoy our guest appreciation) we enjoy having you. Take Care and Have a Super Day!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Decided to motel instead of camping due to summer storm. Other properties in town didn't have enough curb appeal to stop. I knew it could be a problem being mid week and all of the crew vehicles in town, and it was after 8pm. The cheery staff were very accomodating, found a room, didn't overcharge because it was the last one available. The room was clean, spacious, had all of the bathroom bling you could ask for, tons of pillows on the bed. Close to shopping and restaurants. Great sleep, great staff, great value.

Room Tip: Plan ahead when going to the patch, field crews take most of the vacancies in town. Geocaching trail...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
CindyGeertsen, General Manager at Canalta St Paul, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review about your most recent stay at the St. Paul Super 8. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your camp out with us. I hope you and your family enjoyed our pool, hot tub and waterslide either in the evening or in the morning prior to your departure. We are glad to be part of your summer vacation and we hope if you are back in our area that you will choose to stay with us (even if there is not a summer storm LOL). You are a more than welcome to stay with us for good family fun. Take Care and enjoy the rest of your summer.
yyc
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have probably stayed here about 6 times in the past 2 years. There is not much (or any)competition for mid-range or higher-end hotels in St. Paul, so by default the Super 8 is the best you're going to get in the area. As for the hotel itself, I think it is of a typical Super 8 quality. Some things to note: older bedding, very small bathroom, old style tube TV (come on guys....this should be upgraded to flat screen), limited TV channels, and some damaged well-worn furniture. On the other hand, the service is top-notch and makes up for some of the deficiencies of the hard product. The staff have let me use the meeting rooms when booked at last minute. I have never used the pool facilities but see them being used all the time. I will stay here again, if only by default.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CindyGeertsen, General Manager at Canalta St Paul, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your most recent review. I will pass the comments on to my team. We are always glad and proud to offer excellent customer service to our guests. We shall look forward to your return. Take Care and Have a Super Day!!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2012

There's not much else in St. Paul. This must be the newest hotel. It is clean, well maintained, and was quiet for the two nights I stayed. The staff was friendly and helpful. I didn't try the breakfast, but I did look at it, and it was pretty basic - waffles, cereal, bread, etc.

The hot tub was nice, and the water slide would have been good if I was traveling with my family. The workout room was well equipped with a bike, treadmill, elliptical and weight machine. The treadmill was high-end, but the bike and elliptical were only mediocre.

Room Tip: I always ask for the top floor in motels, so I don't have people stomping around above me. This...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CindyGeertsen, General Manager at Canalta St Paul, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We love receiving postive feedback from our guests. I will share your review with my Team. Maybe in the future you can bring your family back to visit us so they can utilize the swimming pool, hot tub, waterslide. As always it is our pleasure to have you stay with us. Always remember whatever your needs may be (3rd floor etc) ask us and we would be happy to try and accomodate you. We look forward to your return. When you return don't forget to take a look at our UFO Landing Pad, it really is one of a kind. Have a Super Day!!!

Cindy Geertsen
Super 8 St.Paul
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We travel with our 2 dogs a lot so it can be hard to find hotels that are nice to stay in. We were happy that Super 8 takes them. The pet room was clean and nice which I appreciate very much!! Nothing worse then getting a pet room and feeling like a secon class citizen. You get a ground floor room that has it's own door to the outside. Very convenient! There is a $15/per dog fee.
Side note - I don't mind the fee, but at the same time because of the fee my tip is effected as I am already giving $$ for the extra cleanup. I would prefer a smaller fee, or knowledge that the pet fee (at least in part) is going to housekeeping.

The room was spacious with a couch and table. Again very clean and comfortable. My fussy, frizzy hair really liked the shampoo and conditioner. All the staff super friendly.

The pool looked nice but we did not use it. We missed the free continental breakfast which ended at 9. This is a pet peeve I have with most hotels. 90% only have the breakfast on to 9am. We sleep in and almost always miss it, and I know we are not the only ones. It would be really great to have it on until 10am. Given a choice, I search out hotels that have extended hours on the breakfast. That being said, we were able to grab muffins and bagels, juice and coffee and a lady at the desk offered to make us something when she seen us in there. That means a lot and I have to give them kudo's for that.

My fiancee broke the coffee, I told the front desk about it and the lady (who I think may have been the manager) was super good about it.

One caveat - Not happy with the price. Without the pet fee it was around $170. I've paid that in Lake Louise! It's more than I would have expected for a small town, and if there were other choices available I likely wouldn't stay here only for that reason.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
CindyGeertsen, General Manager at Canalta St Paul, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Super 8 in St Paul for your hotel needs. We pride ourselves in being a pet friendly hotel as many people like to travel with their pets. I am happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and you enjoyed your accomodations. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post this review for us as we do appreciate any and all feedback we receive from our guests. If you are travelling to the St Paul area in the future we do hope that we will be your choice for your lodging needs. Please call us direct at 866.866.0688 and we would be happy to help you anyway that we can.
Alberta
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed here for a hockey tournament, and the staff was very accomidating! Good breakfast, nice pool and clean rooms.

I'd definately stay there again, great little town!

Room Tip: The suites have small kitchenettes and three beds
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Super 8 in St Paul for your hockey team! I am very happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. Should you be travelling our way again, we would be happy to have you stay with us again. Please call us direct at 866.866.0688 and we would be happy to help you out with your lodging needs.
Lethbridge, AB
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Was worried when booking to find this was one of the only hotels in town. Sometimes small town hotels are run-down or left to deteriorate. I was very surprised. Stayed with co-worker and hotel was very clean and obviosly well-cared for. Good bed, pillows, ect. Free breakfast. Good pool and excersize room. Decent parking. Hotel seems to be very full during the week. I imagine that is because it is the most well-maintained. Bathroom was a little small and had a issue with water presure and hot/ cold temperatures. This will probably still be my first coice when I return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate all the feedback we receive from our guests. I am very happy to hear that you did enjoy your stay with us and I will be sure to share this with the Super 8 team! If we can help you with any future lodging needs please feel free to give us a call direct at 866.866.0688 and we would be happy to help you. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to St Paul!