“Pet friendly, friendly staff, clean room.”
Review of Canalta St Paul

Canalta St Paul
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in St. Paul
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We travel with our 2 dogs a lot so it can be hard to find hotels that are nice to stay in. We were happy that Super 8 takes them. The pet room was clean and nice which I appreciate very much!! Nothing worse then getting a pet room and feeling like a secon class citizen. You get a ground floor room that has it's own door to the outside. Very convenient! There is a $15/per dog fee.
Side note - I don't mind the fee, but at the same time because of the fee my tip is effected as I am already giving $$ for the extra cleanup. I would prefer a smaller fee, or knowledge that the pet fee (at least in part) is going to housekeeping.

The room was spacious with a couch and table. Again very clean and comfortable. My fussy, frizzy hair really liked the shampoo and conditioner. All the staff super friendly.

The pool looked nice but we did not use it. We missed the free continental breakfast which ended at 9. This is a pet peeve I have with most hotels. 90% only have the breakfast on to 9am. We sleep in and almost always miss it, and I know we are not the only ones. It would be really great to have it on until 10am. Given a choice, I search out hotels that have extended hours on the breakfast. That being said, we were able to grab muffins and bagels, juice and coffee and a lady at the desk offered to make us something when she seen us in there. That means a lot and I have to give them kudo's for that.

My fiancee broke the coffee, I told the front desk about it and the lady (who I think may have been the manager) was super good about it.

One caveat - Not happy with the price. Without the pet fee it was around $170. I've paid that in Lake Louise! It's more than I would have expected for a small town, and if there were other choices available I likely wouldn't stay here only for that reason.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
CindyGeertsen, General Manager at Canalta St Paul, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Super 8 in St Paul for your hotel needs. We pride ourselves in being a pet friendly hotel as many people like to travel with their pets. I am happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and you enjoyed your accomodations. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post this review for us as we do appreciate any and all feedback we receive from our guests. If you are travelling to the St Paul area in the future we do hope that we will be your choice for your lodging needs. Please call us direct at 866.866.0688 and we would be happy to help you anyway that we can.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed here for a hockey tournament, and the staff was very accomidating! Good breakfast, nice pool and clean rooms.

I'd definately stay there again, great little town!

Room Tip: The suites have small kitchenettes and three beds
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing the Super 8 in St Paul for your hockey team! I am very happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. Should you be travelling our way again, we would be happy to have you stay with us again. Please call us direct at 866.866.0688 and we would be happy to help you out with your lodging needs.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Was worried when booking to find this was one of the only hotels in town. Sometimes small town hotels are run-down or left to deteriorate. I was very surprised. Stayed with co-worker and hotel was very clean and obviosly well-cared for. Good bed, pillows, ect. Free breakfast. Good pool and excersize room. Decent parking. Hotel seems to be very full during the week. I imagine that is because it is the most well-maintained. Bathroom was a little small and had a issue with water presure and hot/ cold temperatures. This will probably still be my first coice when I return.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We do appreciate all the feedback we receive from our guests. I am very happy to hear that you did enjoy your stay with us and I will be sure to share this with the Super 8 team! If we can help you with any future lodging needs please feel free to give us a call direct at 866.866.0688 and we would be happy to help you. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to St Paul!

Reviewed November 5, 2011

This is a nice hotel, likely the nicest in Town. As such during my visit it was full. I usually ask for a room on the top floor because of noise from above. I did not this time and it cost me. The room above was full of workers coming in at early morning hours which woke me up two nights of the four I was there. Suggest to anyone staying, that they get the top floor room. Room itself was clean and comfortable. The heating and cooling system worked well.

The breakfast was good, the usual cereal, toast, bagels, hard boiled eggs.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room to get a better nights sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Wondermouse
Management response:Responded November 17, 2011

Thank you for your recent response. We welcome and appreciate all guest input. We apologize that you were situated below a noisy group. For any future stays that you have with us call me directly and I would be happy to provide you a room up on the 3rd floor. We look forward to your return and hope your next stay with us will be less noisy and more quiet. We really do want you to have a great nights sleep while you are staying with us. Again, my toll free number is 1-866-866-0688. I look forward to making you another reservation in the near future.

Super 8 St.Paul

Reviewed September 10, 2011

As we have in the past, we enjoyed our stay at the Super 8 in St Paul, Alberta. Driving across country, this town offers a clean, and friendly stopover. Rooms a re clean, and straff friendly. The price is very competetive.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded September 12, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate hearing that you enjoyed your stay at the St.Paul Super 8. My staff and I love to hear firsthand from you the guest that all of our hard work does not go unnoticed. I will share this review with my housekeepers for sure because this week is dedicated to them. (It is housekeeping week). My whole team at the Super 8 in St.Paul takes alot of pride in their jobs and we really feel special when a guest such as yourself stops by and enjoys their stay and recommends us to other people. Again, thank you. Should you ever need to make another reservation feel free to call me toll free at 1-866-866-0688 I would be happy to help you.

Take Care and See you soon!

Super 8 St.Paul

Reviewed July 18, 2011

We have stayed here before, and will continue to again. The rooms are clean, quiet, and comfortable. The (included) breakfast had enough variety, including a protein choice of hard-boiled eggs, a waffle maker, cereals, and fruit (would suggest a bran flakes or Fibre 1 option for a health-conscious cereal, though). Our room came equiped with a microwave and mini-fridge. A problem with the hairdryer was addressed within five minutes! Staff were friendly. The pool and exercise room were tempting, but we did not have them in our plans. This is as wonderful as the year it opened--well-maintained! It is conveniently located near a shopping centre, Tim Horton's, and other restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 20, 2011

Thank you for the nice review, it was our pleasure to make your stay enjoyable. Also, thank you for understanding that blow dryers don't last forever. All of us at the St.Paul Super 8 appreciate your patience and understanding. We look forward to your return in the future. Should you ever require anything or wish to make a reservation please don't hesitate to contact me toll free at 1-866-866-0688. Have a wonderful summer, see you soon.

St.Paul Super 8

Reviewed July 14, 2011

THis hotel is always clean and comfortable with wireless internet. I travel alot for business and this hotel has everything that I expect in a large city hotel.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 16, 2011

Thank you for the response, we really appreciate that you enjoy your stays in St.Paul at the Super 8. Me and my staff always welcome comments especially favorable ones so we know that our efforts and hard work are paying off. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again. If you ever require any assistance don't hesitate to call me toll free at 1-866-866-0688.

Super 8 St. Paul

#2 of 3 in St. Paul
The Kings Motel
The Kings Motel
#3 of 3 in St. Paul

Been to Canalta St Paul? Share your experiences!