“Reliable Comfort and Quality”
Review of Canalta St Paul

Canalta St Paul
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in St. Paul
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We have stayed here before, and will continue to again. The rooms are clean, quiet, and comfortable. The (included) breakfast had enough variety, including a protein choice of hard-boiled eggs, a waffle maker, cereals, and fruit (would suggest a bran flakes or Fibre 1 option for a health-conscious cereal, though). Our room came equiped with a microwave and mini-fridge. A problem with the hairdryer was addressed within five minutes! Staff were friendly. The pool and exercise room were tempting, but we did not have them in our plans. This is as wonderful as the year it opened--well-maintained! It is conveniently located near a shopping centre, Tim Horton's, and other restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 20, 2011

Thank you for the nice review, it was our pleasure to make your stay enjoyable. Also, thank you for understanding that blow dryers don't last forever. All of us at the St.Paul Super 8 appreciate your patience and understanding. We look forward to your return in the future. Should you ever require anything or wish to make a reservation please don't hesitate to contact me toll free at 1-866-866-0688. Have a wonderful summer, see you soon.

St.Paul Super 8

There are newer reviews for Canalta St Paul

Reviewed July 14, 2011

THis hotel is always clean and comfortable with wireless internet. I travel alot for business and this hotel has everything that I expect in a large city hotel.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 16, 2011

Thank you for the response, we really appreciate that you enjoy your stays in St.Paul at the Super 8. Me and my staff always welcome comments especially favorable ones so we know that our efforts and hard work are paying off. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again. If you ever require any assistance don't hesitate to call me toll free at 1-866-866-0688.

Super 8 St. Paul

Reviewed February 18, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights, enjoyed it! Good sleep, wireless internet, they had a customer appreciation night and had a hot supper with beverages. It was nice on a -26 night. Free Parking, good gym and a quite good sleep. I will stay again! It is a great location.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded February 20, 2011

Thank you for your review we love hearing that you enjoyed your stay. We are also glad you enjoyed our guest appreciation night me and my staff enjoy making a nice home cooked meal for all of our guests. Wednesday was especially nice to have it as the weather was -26 so many guests enjoyed staying in and not having to go out and endure the brisk cold weather. For your future travels plans we run guest appreciation night the second last Wednesday every month. Please feel free to book your stay around that time. Again, thank you for the nice review we look forward to seeing you again at the Super 8 in St.Paul.

Reviewed November 18, 2010

The service was friendly. The hotel was clean and included a continential breakfast. A pillow choice would have been nice. I found the pillows too thick. There is all amenties close by. (Groceries, restaurants,liquor store, gas station, etc.)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded November 20, 2010

Thank-you for submitting a response on trip advisor. We are always glad and proud when an out of town guest leaves happy and satisfied. When you come to stay with us again feel free to ask my Front Desk Agent for a thinner pillow we do have a few that are more compressed and not so thick, so you can have the best sleep possible while you are staying at the St.Paul Super 8. Call me personally on our toll free number at 1-866-866-0688 to make any future reservations. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 9, 2010

I have avoided staying in St. Paul for a number of years. I stayed at the Super 8 years ago and remember that it was fine but was worried that it may have declined over the years. I was pleasently surprised. Check in was smooth, they had fresh cookies (I love those) and popcorn was on as well. The room was good - four great pillows on each bed - a little overkill for one person - but cozy! Breackfast was good as well with lots of choice. I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Dharmaloo
Management response:Responded November 15, 2010

Thank you for the nice review. At the Super 8 in St. Paul we are always happy and delighted when we can surprise one of our guests with our hospitality. We hope to see you again. Call me toll free at 1-866-866-0688 for any future reservations you may need to make, I would be happy to help you.

Reviewed October 3, 2010

A standard Super 8 experience. Clean premises and free continental breakfast. Fast check-in and check-out service.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Management response:Responded October 22, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to submit a response on trip advisor. We appreciate your feedback, please know that we pride ourselves in having excellent customer service and providing each guest with a very comfortable stay. Thank you for choosing the Super 8 in St.Paul we look forward to your return. Please call us toll free at 1-866-866-0688 for any future reservations you may require, we would be happy to help you.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed February 5, 2010

First time at a Super 8 that I can remember. If I’ve stayed at one before it was at least 20 years ago on a road trip across the US. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I don’t stay in too many fancy hotels, but since I do spend about 120 nights per year in hotels, so I have lots of opinions and expectations. The king room was very big, it had a ½ fridge, desk, flat screen TV, two side chairs and a small coffee table. The room was clean and comfortable. The only downsides of the room, a very very small bathroom. You had to shut the door every time you went in otherwise you could not use it. And the heater worked but was a little clunky, it warmed the room but it took a while if you turned it off during the day. Granted it was about 15-20 F. Rooms had wired internet and the lobby wireless, but if you were in the right room you got the wireless (I was in 304) and it worked. There was also hot breakfast. Waffles, oatmeal, toast tea and coffee. It was nice but after 4 days got a little boring, but not their fault.

When I go back I will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
#2 of 3 in St. Paul
The Kings Motel
The Kings Motel
#3 of 3 in St. Paul

Been to Canalta St Paul? Share your experiences!